Wordfast TM matching with Word 2007 doesn´t work
Thread poster: Sergio Lozano

Sergio Lozano
Local time: 19:05
Spanish to English
Feb 17, 2012

I´m working with Wordfast claasic 6.1 and Word 2007. I make TMs using Plus Tools by aligning translated documents, but I´ve been having a problem with the software. WF Classic doesn´t place the recognized text in the target segment. This also happens with fuzzy matches. The color of the target segment changes as if it recognizes the fuzzy match or the aligned TM, but nothing appears in the target segment. Has any one had this problem or know of a solution? Thanks.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:05
Finnish to French
Additional information needed Feb 17, 2012

First of all, it shouldn't matter how your TM was created: by alignment with PlusTools or another aligner, by translating with Wordfast or another tool etc. A TM is a TM, and if there's a match (whether 100% or fuzzy), that match should be served.

Secondly, it doesn't matter which version of Word you are using: if Wordfast is properly installed and there's a match, that match will be served regardless of the Word version being used.

Now, your report is a bit confusing. Are you saying that when you open a new segment for translation, the background of the target segment gets "painted" in green or in yellow, but the target segment remains empty?! In more than 10 years using Wordfast, I've never seen this. If you mean something else, please provide examples, or (better) a snapshot of what is happening.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:05
Finnish to French
Check the value of 'Penalty for TM' Feb 18, 2012

On more thing: check the value for 'Penalty for TM', under Translation memory > TM rules. It should be zero or a low value. If it's set to something very high (eg. 75%), this will prevent any match (even 100% matches) from being served. Thanks to Yasmin for pointing this out.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast TM matching with Word 2007 doesn´t work

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search