Word fast Pro demo version and importing glossaries
Thread poster: Tigerlilygurlie

Tigerlilygurlie  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:24
Feb 21, 2012

I'm trying to import a txt glossary to my translation platform and something strange is happening.
I followed the usual procedure (Terminology---New/Select Terminology---Import----Browse to locate the file---click OK)
Once I do that, I get a message saying "0 of the 32 found terms will be imported. Press OK button to continue".
Obviously, I want all the terms to be imported so that I get choices if a word that is in my glossary appears in my translation!

For each line, I get the message: Invalid term at line 1, Invalid term at line 2, etc.

Does anyone know why this is happening? For me not to be able to access the glossary renders the software useless to me. Any suggestion would be appreciated

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:24
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
I think, Feb 22, 2012

you should provide more details on your glossary (namely, how it was created, what is its format) or share it/ a sample of it.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:24
English to Arabic
Support Feb 23, 2012

I suggest you contact WF Support and we should be able to check the file and advise you.

Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word fast Pro demo version and importing glossaries

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search