Extract content from TM and put it into another
Thread poster: Ingo Breuer

Ingo Breuer  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 04:47
Dutch to German
+ ...
Feb 22, 2012

Two cases that treat approximately the same problem.
The global question is:
How do I work with txml files?
And specifically:
How can I get out part of one txml file and insert it into another?

Case one
I have two txml files ‘tourism’ and ‘middle ages’ for two different projects. Now I discover that an important amount of segments of the one have been recorded in the other. No idea how that could happen, but how can I get the right content into the appropriate file?

Case two
I created different txml files for different tourism related projects. Now I would like to get the content of all the different tourism files into one and only txml file?

Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:47
Member (2007)
English to Russian
TMX Feb 22, 2012

You can use Import/Export TMX feature

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 04:47
English to Arabic
Wordfast Classic Data Editor Feb 23, 2012

Dear Ingo,

I think this will be much easier if you use the Data Editor of Wordfast Classic (even the demo version).

Just have one TM as the main TM and the other as BTM. Then, you can simply cut and paste.

HTH,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Extract content from TM and put it into another

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search