Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 09:16
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Feb 22, 2012

Hi,
We're three translators working on a common project, and in order to have real time sharing of translation memory and terminology, we chose to use WFA as our platform since it allowed just that.

Two of us have used WFA frequently in the past and never had a problem with the finished file.
This time however, I had some problems with certain segments in the downloaded file having tags left in them. This was easily solved just by deleting the extra text.
My collea
... See more
Hi,
We're three translators working on a common project, and in order to have real time sharing of translation memory and terminology, we chose to use WFA as our platform since it allowed just that.

Two of us have used WFA frequently in the past and never had a problem with the finished file.
This time however, I had some problems with certain segments in the downloaded file having tags left in them. This was easily solved just by deleting the extra text.
My colleague, who is new to TWA, however, ended up with a finished file where the page format of the last 50 pages was completely off (much wider than the original document) and all the tables came out empty.

Does anyone know what may have caused this and how to go about in order to fix the file (all 4 MB of it), and even more importantly, make sure it never happens again?

We've already lost a day and half on this and can't really afford any further delays, so our next step would be to migrate to a different platform if we can't find a solution.

[Edited at 2012-02-22 14:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-02-22 15:12 GMT]
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:16
Finnish to French
Ask your WFA questions on the WFA list Feb 22, 2012

Hege Jakobsen Lepri wrote:
Does anyone know what may have caused this and how to go about in order to fix the file (all 4 MB of it), and even more importantly, make sure it never happens again?

No idea, but if you ask your question on the WFA list (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast_Anywhere/ ), you will get a reply from the developers.

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 09:16
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I already did that Feb 22, 2012

...but since it's a moderated list, it actually takes a while to see it posted.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:16
Finnish to French
OK. Feb 22, 2012

OK, let's hope your post gets approved soon!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFA - downloaded file showing major formatting changes

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »