Thread poster: Catharine Cellier-Smart

Catharine Cellier-Smart  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 23:43
Member (2010)
French to English
+ ...
Feb 26, 2012

I recently started using a new computer (an iMac). Wordfast Pro is installed on it, as on my previous computer (which was also a Mac), but when I launch Wordfast I'm in demo mode, even though I have a license.

I've tried reinstalling the license but it doesn't seem to change anything.

In "License Management" (in "Help") it shows an install number which doesn't correspond to my install number, but which it won't let me change.

If I click on "License Manager" (still in License Management dialogue box) and then "Verify the current license certificate" it brings up boxes of dialogue but only with the options "back" or "cancel" - "next" or "finish" are not available.

Any help much appreciated.

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:43
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Changed computer means changed install number Feb 26, 2012

As you changed your computer it means you need to change your license, this is not a problem if your license it still valid, all you need to do is go to the Wordfast page and get a new license file.

To do that go to Wordfast.net sign in and then click on "License an Application" then write down your install number and generate the license file.

[Edited at 2012-02-26 13:38 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-02-26 14:03 GMT]

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:43
Finnish to French
See the KB article Feb 26, 2012

How to license Wordfast Pro: http://www.wordfast.net/?kb=131-35

Catharine Cellier-Smart  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 23:43
Member (2010)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to you both Feb 26, 2012

It works - thanks to you both.

Alex - your post got me on the right track (I didn't realise changing computers meant changing install numbers).

Dominique - the FAQ in your link helped too as I was still getting the Demo mode message so apparently I needed to reinstall a license with the different license number Wordfast was showing.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:43
Finnish to French
You cannot "recycle" license files Feb 26, 2012

Catharine Cellier-Smart wrote:
apparently I needed to reinstall a license with the different license number Wordfast was showing.

Wordfast doesn't show license numbers: it shows an *install* number. Each time your install number changes, you must request a license file for it (the filename of the license file must match the install number). You cannot "recycle" the same license file from one computer to another: it just won't work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Old' Wordfast Pro on my new computer

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search