Thread poster: Marina Urquidi

Marina Urquidi  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:07
French to English
+ ...
Feb 28, 2012

Hello,

After a computer crash I had to invest in a new computer, now Windows7 from my previous Windows XP Home edition, and I bought a brand-new Wordfast for 450 euros. For that price, I expected it to be functional.

As it happens, the new Wordfast I installed is *not* saving my new entries to TUs, even though it is bringing up matches from previously saved TUs.

In my previous system, I had all my TUs saved in the same directory. When I set Wordfast to use a given TU, I go there and pick the needed TU.

Just yesterday I created a new TU. It was not saved automatically, as in my previous Wordfast, to the usual directory, but to the directory where I was working on my translation. In this, and only in this case, is the TU saving new entries and offering matches from the newly saved TU.

But this makes no sense to me. If I have to move the relevant TU to the same directory where I have my document in translation every time I start a new translation, this is going to get messy very quickly.

I've checked the new, huge manual by using "store" as search word, but found nothing about where TUs should be stored.

This is very irritating, because I find that I have to re-translate 100% matches, even within the same document (where there might be a repeated sentence or subtitle, for instance), when the point is to get those automatically.

So if anyone can help, asap, I would be very grateful. I have at least one month's worth of unsaved TUs.

For this I am referring exclusively to Word 2010 format, I have not tried other formats.

Thank you in advance,
Marina

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:07
Finnish to French
See replies to the Wordfast list Feb 28, 2012

MarinaEulalia wrote:
So if anyone can help, asap, I would be very grateful.

See my reply to your question on the Wordfast mailing list.

Marina Urquidi  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:07
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply Feb 28, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

MarinaEulalia wrote:
So if anyone can help, asap, I would be very grateful.

See my reply to your question on the Wordfast mailing list.

Yes and thank you. I did not immediately find the mailing list, and thought this had replaced it. Am back to the old mailing list.

Marina Urquidi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Wordfast is not saving new entires to TUs

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search