Thread poster: PCovs

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 21:20
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Mar 14, 2012

I simply cannot figure out what I am doing wrong here.

I have exported a Studio memory to TMX format, and when trying to import it to Wordfast I am told there is an invalid XML character.

How do I fix this without having to install e.g. Olifant or something like that?

Direct link Reply with quote

JL01  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:20
English to French
+ ...
Olifant Mar 14, 2012

I no longer even bother to try importing TMX directly into Wf. I open them in Olifant and save them as Wordfast TMs.

Once Olifant is installed, the entire process takes less than one minute.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:20
Finnish to French
Why not Olifant? Mar 14, 2012

PCovs wrote:
I have exported a Studio memory to TMX format, and when trying to import it to Wordfast I am told there is an invalid XML character.

Please see: http://www.wordfast.net/?kb=167-32

PCovs wrote:
How do I fix this without having to install e.g. Olifant or something like that?

If you know a better way to remove the invalid XML characters than Olifant, please let us know! Olifant is free and a mere 575 KB download: why wouldn't you want to install it, especially since you have been prepared to install SDL Trados Studio, which is at least 1000 times bigger?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TMX into Wordfast TM doesn't work

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search