David Isaac Morales Castillo
David Isaac Morales Castillo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:03
English to Spanish
Jun 16, 2004

Hi everybody,

I have got a .txt TM from Wordfast.

Can anyone tell me how I can import a Wordfast TM (.txt) into Trados?

Thanks in advance,
David

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Trados needs TMX Jun 16, 2004

Hi David,

Open the TM in Wordfast and export it as TMX. Check the language codes and replace them if necessary.

Regards,
Gerard

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but... replacing code language? Jun 16, 2004

Gerard de Noord wrote:

Hi David,

Open the TM in Wordfast and export it as TMX. Check the language codes and replace them if necessary.

Regards,
Gerard

Thank you Gerard,

but how can I replace them?. Do I have to replace them in Trados? I am sorry maybe I am asking too easy questions but this is the first time I'm using wordfast.

Thanks again and regards,
David

Daniel Estill
Daniel Estill  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:03
English to Portuguese
Check the Wordfast manual Jun 16, 2004

[quote]crinoide wrote:

but how can I replace them?. Do I have to replace them in Trados? I am sorry maybe I am asking too easy questions but this is the first time I'm using wordfast.

In the chapter on TM, you will find:

"Note 2: When importing a Wordfast-generated TMX TM into a TWB TM, the usual reason for failure on the TWB side is that the ISO language codes in the Wordfast TMX file do not fit the ISO TMX language codes for the particular Trados version you use (there were changes between Trados 2, 3, and 5 in this respect, due to ISO standard changes. For instance, the code for Swedish changed from SV-01 to SV-SE, etc). To know exactly which ISO language codes your version of Trados expects, generate a small TMX export from a Trados-exported TM created with the intended language codes, open this TMX export with Ms-Word, then look at language codes. If language codes differ from the codes used in the Wordfast TMX export, they can easily be search-replaced in Ms-Word (for example, search for "SV-01", replace with "SV-SE", with quotes, using the "Match case" option in Ms-Word's search-replace options). Save as Unicode Text on exit."

Good luck,
Daniel

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Daniel That is working Jun 18, 2004

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing Wordfast (.txt) into Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »