Is Wordfast's website down?
Thread poster: Catherine Bolton

Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:48
Member (2002)
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2012

For some reason WF has decided that my licensed version is a demo. I tried reorganizing, as it suggested, but that didn't work.
Then I tried to go to the site to regenerate the license, but the site is down. I've tried writing to the WF support email address but the messages won't go through and I get a message saying the address doesn't exist.
Is anyone else having this problem?
I'm absolutely desperate here!
Catherine

Direct link Reply with quote

SBlack
French to English
+ ...
Try again now Mar 28, 2012

I had the same problem this morning. It took about four attempts, then my memory finally opened. I closed Word, reopened the doc, reorganised the TM, and changed a setting.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:48
Finnish to French
wordfast.net down Mar 28, 2012

Catherine Bolton wrote:
For some reason WF has decided that my licensed version is a demo. I tried reorganizing, as it suggested, but that didn't work.
Then I tried to go to the site to regenerate the license, but the site is down. I've tried writing to the WF support email address but the messages won't go through and I get a message saying the address doesn't exist.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, wordfast.net is down, unfortunately, with all the consequences you experienced. Hopefully, it will be up and running again very soon.

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Reason for incident Mar 28, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:
.net is down, unfortunately, with all the consequences you experienced. Hopefully, it will be up and running again very soon.

Would it be possible to have an explanation of why this incident has occurred with Classic, which I understood was a standalone option, having used it frequently when offline?

Some reassurance that it is not part of a drive to co-opt Classic users into "clouded" sharing of TMs would also be welcome - at least by this user!

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:48
Finnish to French
It's back Mar 28, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:
Hopefully, it will be up and running again very soon.

It's now back in business.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is Wordfast's website down?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search