URGENT WF Anywhere document won't download.
Thread poster: Maria Hoskins
Maria Hoskins
Maria Hoskins  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:14
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Apr 11, 2012

I get the following error message:

Document download failed due to the following error:
error: org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 2 of document file:/D:/Program%20Files/Tomcat%207.0/webapps/anywhere/data/2227f6c0-83b1-11e1-b7b7-000c29a1c571.docx.txt.txml : The entity "quote" was referenced, but not declared. Nested exception: The entity "quote" was referenced, but not declared.

If you need help, please make a request in the 'Report bug' dialog box (menu >
... See more
I get the following error message:

Document download failed due to the following error:
error: org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 2 of document file:/D:/Program%20Files/Tomcat%207.0/webapps/anywhere/data/2227f6c0-83b1-11e1-b7b7-000c29a1c571.docx.txt.txml : The entity "quote" was referenced, but not declared. Nested exception: The entity "quote" was referenced, but not declared.

If you need help, please make a request in the 'Report bug' dialog box (menu > ? > Report a bug).
We will help you to recover the file.

What can I do? The translation is due in a few hours.

Maria

[Edited at 2012-04-11 12:58 GMT]
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:14
English to French
+ ...
contact WFP tech support Apr 11, 2012

They are usually responsive.

However, I ran once into a similar problem, was told they had server problems. However, that translation was also due ASAP. I ended copying my entire translation on screen, creating a TM out of it (fortunately, id did not require too much time), and bought MemoQ.

That was my one and only real attempt at using WFP.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:14
Finnish to French
Re-upload & translate until fuzzy Apr 11, 2012

Maria Hoskins wrote:
What can I do? The translation is due in a few hours.

You could re-upload your original source document, use Tools > Translate until fuzzy match and try to download again.

You could also download the TXML (File > Bilingual File Tools > Download Txml File) and try to open it in Wordfast Pro. Put the source document in the same folder as the TXML and try to save the translated file. Running transcheck in Wordfast Pro may give you a clue as to where the problem in your TXML lies.

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
tech support is for WFC & WFP, not WFA Apr 11, 2012

JL01 wrote:
That was my one and only real attempt at using WFP.

She's not using WFP, she's using WFA. WFA is not supported by the Wordfast Hotline. WFA users need to report their problems via the dedicated mailing list (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast_Anywhere/).

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:14
English to French
+ ...
I meant WFA, not WFP Apr 11, 2012

I meant WFA, not WFP

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Bug in notes Apr 11, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:
WFA users need to report their problems via the dedicated mailing list (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast_Anywhere/).

I forwarded the error message to the WFA list and there's already a reply (from the developer):

it is a bug because of the presence of quotes in the note. The notes being recently added in the TXML file. The turnaround for today is to remove the quotes. It will be fixed tomorrow.

-> I think Maria should look at the notes she has added to her document and remove any quotes used in them. This would probably allow her to download the document before the bug is fixed,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT WF Anywhere document won't download.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »