Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
WORDFAST PRO 3.0 AVAILABLE NOW
Thread poster: Kristyna Marrero

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:31
Apr 24, 2012

Hi All,

Today, we are very pleased to announce the release of Wordfast Pro 3.0, a major upgrade to our standalone, platform-independent TM tool, with over 60 new features and enhancements.

WFP 3.0 adds considerably more functionality to the project management perspective including:
-Unlimited analysis, pretranslation and cleanup (removes the previous 20 file limit)
-Extraction of frequent segments across files
-Pseudo-translation
-Splitting and merging TXML files
-Bilingual file export/import for review outside of Wordfast
-Lock 100% matches
-Batch Transcheck
-Reverse source and target

Additionally, WFP 3.0 offers several new time-saving features such as:
-Automatic number localization
-Additional Autosuggest options including terminology matches
-Robust auto-propagation options
-Ability to filter segments in the outline view
-Option to copy all placeables
-Smart quotes

To take advantage of all of these features and MORE, download Wordfast Pro 3.0 for Windows, Mac, and Linux from our website here -

http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

We offer a full-featured demo mode which will allow you to try WFP without a paid license for translation memories of up to 500 TUs.

As always, existing WFP license holders can upgrade to WFP 3.0 for free by simply downloading the new version from the link above. The new version will be automatically licensed as long as your install number has not changed.

For a short video highlighting some of the new features - http://www.wordfast.com/webinars/WFP.mp4
For the full list of features and improvements – http://www.wordfast.com/support_release_notes.html
For the updated online help pages - http://www.wordfast.com/WFP2/Wordfast_Pro_Help.htm

Best of all, all of these features are now included with the standard Wordfast Pro license (you do not need to purchase an upgrade to Wordfast Pro Plus). If you currently own a Wordfast Pro Plus license, please contact me directly at kmarrero@wordfast.com

Thanks for your continued support and feedback,

Kristyna

Direct link Reply with quote

Diana Coada  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:31
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Great! Apr 24, 2012

The new features sound quite useful

[Edited at 2012-04-24 18:35 GMT]

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
Wordfast PRO 3.0 TGB Apr 24, 2012

Thanks for the update on the new release Kristyna.

ProZ.com conducts TGB (Translator Group Buys) for Wordfast. ProZ.com community users can take advantage of discounts on Wordfast PRO 3.0 in a couple of ways.

Wordfast TGB - http://www.proz.com/tgb - save up to 30% on packages including Wordfast PRO 3.0 + training

Save 25% on Wordfast PRO 3.0 direct buy at https://www.proz.com/store/11356

Regards,

Drew

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:31
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Hope the previous issues are solved Apr 25, 2012

Most annoying from the beginning was the jumpiness of the editor and that the segment gets inactive when switching to other applications. Is this resolved now? Otherwise I will not update for the moment, because the old version is sufficient for my work.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:31
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Some problems have indeed been solved Apr 25, 2012

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
Most annoying from the beginning was the jumpiness of the editor...

Too subjective, can't tell whether it was fixed or not.

[/quote]...and that the segment gets inactive when switching to other applications.[/quote]

AFAIK, this has actually been resolved.

What hasn't been resolved is WFP knowing that it should open a second TXML in the original instance of WFP (instead of attempting to run a second instance of WFP, waiting several seconds, and then popping an error message). It is a quite a bit of a time waster.

The offline review feature looks promising -- it seems difficult to break.

Gyula Erdész
Hungary
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Still no separate term window Apr 25, 2012

A few months earlier I visited the website of Wordfast and read that a brand new terminology handling method would be introduced in the 3.0 version. Then few days later this announcement simply vanished.

It it only me who thinks that the terminology handling of WFP is clumsy and almost useless?

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Works for me Apr 25, 2012

Gyula Erdész wrote:

A few months earlier I visited the website of Wordfast and read that a brand new terminology handling method would be introduced in the 3.0 version. Then few days later this announcement simply vanished.

It it only me who thinks that the terminology handling of WFP is clumsy and almost useless?

For me it is sufficient that the found terms are highlighted in the source. I don't need an extra window like in Trados WB or SDLX. I rather would these to use the Wf method.

Download and installing was swift, and 3.0 loads much faster than the older version. Editor seems improved somewhat (segment and cursor stay active when switching to other programs).

[Bearbeitet am 2012-04-25 11:27 GMT]

Jacek Sierakowski
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
French punctuation? Apr 25, 2012

Is there something to handle the French quotation and punctuation marks, like there was for the older version?

Александр Кормановский
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:31
Russian to German
+ ...
Quickly Copy/Move text with pressed Shift/Ctrl Apr 25, 2012

Hallo!
I've used Wordfast Pro since version 2.1.4 and with new features it became better, newer versions 2.4.4 - 3.0.0 work faster indeed. But what I miss is quick copying/moving of words like in MS Word.
If developer of WF read this topic - I think it would be a useful feature, isn't it?

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
WFP 4 Apr 25, 2012

Dear Gyula,

Gyula Erdész wrote:

I do not think this was planned for WFP 3.0 However, I know that it is being implemented for WFP 4.0.

Thanks for your feedback!

---
Best Regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Egypt
English to Arabic
French Quotes / German Quotes Apr 25, 2012

Dear Jacek,

Jacek Sierakowski wrote:

Is there something to handle the French quotation and punctuation marks, like there was for the older version?

Yes, now you can get the correct quotes for the target language of the current project. Just go to Edit menu > Preferences > Translations, and check the option "Use smart quotes".

Here is a quick screencast showing the process for both French and German.
http://www.screencast.com/t/JTrqtz8oGxb

I hope this helps.

---
Best Regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Jacek Sierakowski
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
Indeed Apr 25, 2012

Thank you, Yasmin.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Terminology disaster... Apr 25, 2012

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Gyula Erdész wrote:

I do not think this was planned for WFP 3.0 However, I know that it is being implemented for WFP 4.0.

I follow the Wordfast Pro development pretty closely and one of the very basic reasons of my extremely critical attitude towards this tool is the way it handles the terminology.

E.g. the way Wordfast Pro stores the termbases in the user profile is even worse than the Multiterm one during the last 10 years.
The fact it's no way to share termlists in a small team is simply incredible.
Wordfast Classic does.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2012-04-25 19:47 GMT]

Egypt
English to Arabic
Shift+Ctrl+RightArrow Apr 25, 2012

Praeeo wrote:

But what I miss is quick copying/moving of words like in MS Word.

Shift+Ctrl+RightArrow works in WF Pro just fine for selecting the next word. Have you tried it? Is this what you mean?

If you rather mean coping words from the source to target, please try Ctrl+Tab, tab, tab, etc.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

xxxchristela
Well, Grzegorz Apr 25, 2012

Even for 1 person, the glossaries aren't compatible betwee Classic and Pro, or one should constantly import and export and remember which one is the latest version and where it is stored. I use both, and have my reasons to do this (lots of small Word files but also PPT and Excel on the same projects), but I hate this new way of glossary handling.

Experienced Classic user.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WORDFAST PRO 3.0 AVAILABLE NOW

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search