chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:57
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Apr 27, 2012

Hi experts,

I translated two txml files and only a few segments were left in one of the two files. These files were sent to me by my client and were not created by me from Word files. I duly saved them before closing. When I opened the incomplete file after some time, I was surprised to know that the translation had vanished from most of the segments. And in the other file, nothing is left except the source text. I have checked that the translation is available in txt memory file but when I try to use the memory to translate the segments which I have already translated, it does not reproduce the translation.

I use 2.3.0 version of Wordfast Pro. I have specific reasons to use it.

I have noticed that translation has not disappeared in respect of the segments which have placeables.

Could you please suggest what exactly is wrong and what should I do? It has never happened to me earlier and I am easily using it for the last one and half year.

I look forward to your advice.

Regards,

Chopra

[Edited at 2012-04-27 02:41 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text disappeared from a txml file in Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search