chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:59
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Apr 27, 2012

Hi experts,

I translated two txml files and only a few segments were left in one of the two files. These files were sent to me by my client and were not created by me from Word files. I duly saved them before closing. When I opened the incomplete file after some time, I was surprised to know that the translation had vanished from most of the segments. And in the other file, nothing is left except the source text. I have checked that the translation is available in txt memory file but when I try to use the memory to translate the segments which I have already translated, it does not reproduce the translation.

I use 2.3.0 version of Wordfast Pro. I have specific reasons to use it.

I have noticed that translation has not disappeared in respect of the segments which have placeables.

Could you please suggest what exactly is wrong and what should I do? It has never happened to me earlier and I am easily using it for the last one and half year.

I look forward to your advice.

Regards,

Chopra

[Edited at 2012-04-27 02:41 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text disappeared from a txml file in Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search