Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:22
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Apr 27, 2012

Hi experts,

I translated two txml files and only a few segments were left in one of the two files. These files were sent to me by my client and were not created by me from Word files. I duly saved them before closing. When I opened the incomplete file after some time, I was surprised to know that the translation had vanished from most of the segments. And in the other file, nothing is left except the source text. I have checked that the translation is available in txt memory file but when I try to use the memory to translate the segments which I have already translated, it does not reproduce the translation.

I use 2.3.0 version of Wordfast Pro. I have specific reasons to use it.

I have noticed that translation has not disappeared in respect of the segments which have placeables.

Could you please suggest what exactly is wrong and what should I do? It has never happened to me earlier and I am easily using it for the last one and half year.

I look forward to your advice.

[Edited at 2012-04-27 02:41 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text disappeared from a txml file in Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search