WF Pro: is it possible to track changes?
Thread poster: pcs_MCIL

pcs_MCIL  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 30, 2012

From time to time I have to show the translator my changes in the TXML file during the proofreading phase.
I'd like to know if there's a way to track these changes in Wf Pro 3, in a similar way as the track changes featuree of MsWord does.

Anne Bohy  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:30
English to French
Workarounds... Apr 30, 2012

You can unconfirm the segments where you make changes, you can also add a note to a translation unit. This way, during the finalization, the translation can quickly jump (in the Outline) from one "uncomfirmed" or "note" to the next.
Personnally, when I get back the proofread version, if I really want to know what has been altered (and I do want, usually), I do a TM look-up on the source text.
A "track changes" would be nice, but... it has an overhead, so I don't know if it's worth it.

English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another workaround Apr 30, 2012

Thank you for your reply.
I am currently using this workaround: I preview the TXML in Word before the proofreading and then after. Finally, I use the "compare" feature in Word to get a tracked changed version of the pre-proof preview.

It's just time consuming to add comments and note, and I am not happy with my workaround, either.

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Use the bilingual review feature in the PM perspective Apr 30, 2012

Check it out! It's new in WF Pro 3.0: bilingual review of RTF export, can add comments as well, then recreate TXML file, clean and save translated file.

Good luck,

John

English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Super Apr 30, 2012

Thanks John!

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Track Changes Apr 30, 2012

Dear Paola,

The TrackChanges feature is being implemented in Wordfast Pro.

In the meanwhile, you have two options:

1- To use the "Bilingual Review" feature, as John suggested, which I agree with you that it is a super feature.

2- To use an external freeware application called ChangeTracker, which supports TXML as well:
http://www.change-tracker.com/

HTH,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro: is it possible to track changes?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search