WF Pro: is it possible to track changes?
Thread poster: SEA-words

SEA-words  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 30, 2012

From time to time I have to show the translator my changes in the TXML file during the proofreading phase.
I'd like to know if there's a way to track these changes in Wf Pro 3, in a similar way as the track changes featuree of MsWord does.

Direct link Reply with quote

bohy  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:59
English to French
+ ...
Workarounds... Apr 30, 2012

You can unconfirm the segments where you make changes, you can also add a note to a translation unit. This way, during the finalization, the translation can quickly jump (in the Outline) from one "uncomfirmed" or "note" to the next.
Personnally, when I get back the proofread version, if I really want to know what has been altered (and I do want, usually), I do a TM look-up on the source text.
A "track changes" would be nice, but... it has an overhead, so I don't know if it's worth it.

English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another workaround Apr 30, 2012

Thank you for your reply.
I am currently using this workaround: I preview the TXML in Word before the proofreading and then after. Finally, I use the "compare" feature in Word to get a tracked changed version of the pre-proof preview.

It's just time consuming to add comments and note, and I am not happy with my workaround, either.

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:59
Member (2006)
French to English
Use the bilingual review feature in the PM perspective Apr 30, 2012

Check it out! It's new in WF Pro 3.0: bilingual review of RTF export, can add comments as well, then recreate TXML file, clean and save translated file.

Good luck,

John

English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Super Apr 30, 2012

Thanks John!

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 12:59
English to Arabic
Track Changes Apr 30, 2012

Dear Paola,

The TrackChanges feature is being implemented in Wordfast Pro.

In the meanwhile, you have two options:

1- To use the "Bilingual Review" feature, as John suggested, which I agree with you that it is a super feature.

2- To use an external freeware application called ChangeTracker, which supports TXML as well:
http://www.change-tracker.com/

HTH,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro: is it possible to track changes?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search