Thread poster: Dragomir Kovacevic

Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:26
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
May 8, 2012

In another thread, Yasmin was mentioning Wordfast.ini:

"As for Wordfast.ini, apparently, it is overwritten by new installations; however, the folder remains where it was moved. So,
one just can have a copy of the Wordfast.ini file to replace the default one with it once the new installation takes place."

I don't really know whether it is possible to replace a Worfast.ini with one's default one, or preferred one - because I encountered another problem in WfP 2.4+, while I was using it from now and then /paid version/, which lead me to believe that no manual elaboration of it was possible:

In the last two versions of 2.4+ the memory usage kept always on 256Mb in my installation, despite the ready request by the application, or a suggestion, that my preferred Mb usage would have risen after the application restart. Which never occurred. And my work was seriously slowed for this small amount of memory (256 Mb), because I linked, and why one shouldn't do so, 30-40 TM-s and a dozen of glossaries. And because in another opensource CAT I hold as many as TM-s I want to, without perceptible slowing down of the said CAT.

I tried to edit the Wordfast.ini manually, but it was blocked as a file. What remained me as a possible solution was to create a batch file with amount of memory I really needed, but I didn't do it, forgot the WfP in my HD, because I had to, despite having a great sympathy for it.

Now today, after having installed a demo of WfP, it still sticks to 256 Mb only, and its Wordfast.ini is not prone to modification. Maybe because I work in standard user sessions, not those of administrator. I'll inform whether there was any difference with admin session, regarding Wordfast.ini modifiability.

D

Direct link Reply with quote

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Change in the settings not in ini May 8, 2012

Have you tried changing the memory usage in the settings.

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> General -> Memory Preferences and select what you want

I've never been able to use 1470 MB whenever I do Wordfast won't start (I have to make changes inside the ini file) so I have to use 1024 MB, I know people who have the same problem and others who have no problem at all I've mentioned this to Wordfast at times but it doesn't seem to have been fixed yet, but maybe you will be able to use 1470

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Memory Preferences May 8, 2012

Dear Dragomir,

Could you please try this:
http://wordfast.net/wiki/Not_able_to...#Change_Memory_Preferences

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Memory usage in WfP stuck at 256Mb May 9, 2012

Thank you, Yasmin, it worked; I modified the Memory usage through an admin session, but only after having widened the permissions for standard user, because (maybe so), all other users' files are in standard user's sector, despite Wordfast.ini being in admin zone.

Now the memory usage in both admin and standard user, are positioned high, where I need to.

Tvm also to Alex for his kind assistance.

Dragomir

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Dear Dragomir,

Could you please try this:
http://wordfast.net/wiki/Not_able_to...#Change_Memory_Preferences

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Problem solved?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Memory usage in WfP stuck at 256Mb

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search