Red asterisk next to score
Thread poster: Silvia Escobar

Silvia Escobar
Argentina
Local time: 07:14
English to Spanish
May 8, 2012

What does a red asterisk nexto to the score mean in WF Pro 3.0?

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 12:14
English to Arabic
Screenshot May 8, 2012

Dear Silvia,

Silvia Escobar wrote:

What does a red asterisk nexto to the score mean in WF Pro 3.0?

Could you please give a screenshot?

TIA,
Yasmin

Koen Speetjens  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:14
English to Dutch
+ ...
Two TMs May 9, 2012

I noticed the same thing in WF Pro 3.0 on a job yesterday and asked the agency.
Their technology team answered: "Basically, we ran this document through two TMs because the project has two different end clients. The red asterisk marks the TM matches from the second client’s TM, so you should basically just ignore the marks and treat the scores as you usually would."

Which I did...
The asterisk disappears when you work in the segment and confirm it. But I only got one TM from the agency, so I don't know in what way the TM from the second client is updated.

(I look forward to Yasmins reply, who is the expert here)

Silvia Escobar
Argentina
Local time: 07:14
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Two TMs May 9, 2012

Thank you, Koen. That makes sense to me as I am working with two TMs, one local and one remote.
Maybe, in your case, two TMs were used for pretranslation or analysis. I'm just guessing. I will wait for Yasmin's answer, too.

Rgds,

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 12:14
English to Arabic
Red Asterisks May 9, 2012

Dear Silvia and Koen,

Your company uses a special application for analysis (and pre-translation) that allows having a main TM and secondary ones. Matches from the secondary TMs are marked with a red asterisk to be distinguished.

As long as your company did not provide you with any instructions on dealing with such marked segments differently, this should not make any difference for you as a translator. As Koen said, the asterisk disappears when you update/commit the segment to the TM.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Red asterisk next to score

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search