Thread poster: Edward Potter

Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:47
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 9, 2012

I'm new to WF Pro but have a good working knowledge of WF Classic.

I have two questions:

1) How do I get a spell corrector working in WF Pro? In WF Classic I simply used the spell corrector with the MS Word interface.

2) How can I see the original format of the file? In WF Classic I could hit Ctl-comma a couple of times to do this.

Direct link Reply with quote

LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:47
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
1 is easy! May 9, 2012

Edit> Spell Check
or press F7

Edit>preferences>spelling allows selection of Microsoft or Hunspell

2. No in-line preview in WFP as far as I know (unless this has been added in 3.0).

[Edited at 2012-05-09 13:06 GMT]

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not broke - don't fix May 9, 2012

Rudolf Vedo CT wrote:

2. No in-line preview in WFP as far as I know (unless this has been added in 3.0).

[Edited at 2012-05-09 13:06 GMT]

Does anyone know why software developers do this? I mean removing a useful feature that was in earlier versions? It drives me crazy, especially if I pay for the SW first...

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
MS Word Preview or Save Translated File May 9, 2012

Edward Potter wrote:

2) How can I see the original format of the file? In WF Classic I could hit Ctl-comma a couple of times to do this.

Dear Edward,

- For the sake of just previewing during the translation work, click the toolbar button "Preview in MS Word" or press Alt+W.

- For the sake of rather saving the translated document in its original format, go to File menu and select "Save Translated File".

Kind regards,
Yasmin

[Edited at 2012-05-09 13:33 GMT]

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Preview in MS Word May 9, 2012

Dear Rudolf and Neil,

neilmac wrote:

Rudolf Vedo CT wrote:

Does anyone know why software developers do this? I mean removing a useful feature that was in earlier versions? It drives me crazy, especially if I pay for the SW first...

The feature "Preview in MS Word" is still there in WFP 3 and it has been there for years now. I have just tried it here on my machine, and it works just perfectly.

However, you might find it unfunctional with some documents for some reason. For example, if the TXML file was generated on another machine, this might make WFP fail to generate the preview in the original layout and turn to the table layout. Needless to say, the feature is only for Word formats (doc, docx & rtf).

WFP 4 will have an ultra-advanced inline preview that you will like much.

Again, "File" menu > "Save Translated File" is always good for getting the target file in its original format and layout.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

[Edited at 2012-05-09 13:46 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell corrector in WF Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search