Wordfast Excel comment translation wordcount
Thread poster: oxiborick
oxiborick  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:42
Japanese to English
May 14, 2012

Hello,

I have been having trouble getting Trados 2011 and 2007 to open an Excel workbook with a ton of comments. I finally gave up on that and opened it with Wordfast - and Wordfast translate the Excel comments beautifully. Seriously, I am very impressed.

Anyway, I need to get the word count for the translated Excel file. Normally I would just copy all the translated segments from the right side of the screen in Trados Studio 2011 Editor and then paste them into Word, but that doesn't seem to be possible in Wordfast (it will only allow me to highlight one translated translation unit at a time for copying - I suppose I could do this one segment at a time, but there are hundreds of them).

So... is there a quick & easy way to get the translated word count that includes the Excel comments? I tried pasting the translated Excel file into word, but there seems to be no way to paste the comments.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I almost never use Wordfast (though I probably will a lot more from now on).

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

oxiborick  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:42
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Nevermind. May 14, 2012

Nevermind, figured it out.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Excel comment translation wordcount

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search