Thread poster: Odette Grille

Odette Grille  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:37
English to French
+ ...
May 15, 2012

Hi

I have translated PDFs from Wordfast before with no problem but this one PDF doc seems to load only the first page onto wordfast.
I tried saving the translated file (which then appears with the whole 2p text in word format) but when I try to load the text from the new format: .pdf.doc) (given by wordfast to the translated file), it still only shows the first page on Wordfast.
It is a small text so I will select and copy source eventually but I wonder what I could do if this were a large PDF with many pages. It seems to me previous versions of wordfast rendered a finished whole pdf as "saved translated file"
Thanks
Ode

Using Wordfast pro 2.4.4

[Edited at 2012-05-15 15:03 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-15 15:04 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-15 15:04 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:37
English to Arabic
Image? May 15, 2012

Dear Ode,

Could the second page be an image? On the PDF file, can you select one or two words from the second page?

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Odette Grille  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:37
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Image plus text May 18, 2012

Hello Yasmin,

For some reason I did not get your answer through my mail and only saw it now (May 18th).
Job was canceled. But you are right there was an image and text over it that I could not select.
Thank you
Ode

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF loads only 1 page

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search