Thread poster: Odette Grille

Odette Grille  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:58
English to French
+ ...
May 15, 2012

Hi

I have translated PDFs from Wordfast before with no problem but this one PDF doc seems to load only the first page onto wordfast.
I tried saving the translated file (which then appears with the whole 2p text in word format) but when I try to load the text from the new format: .pdf.doc) (given by wordfast to the translated file), it still only shows the first page on Wordfast.
It is a small text so I will select and copy source eventually but I wonder what I could do if this were a large PDF with many pages. It seems to me previous versions of wordfast rendered a finished whole pdf as "saved translated file"
Thanks
Ode

Using Wordfast pro 2.4.4

[Edited at 2012-05-15 15:03 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-15 15:04 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-15 15:04 GMT]

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 22:58
English to Arabic
Image? May 15, 2012

Dear Ode,

Could the second page be an image? On the PDF file, can you select one or two words from the second page?

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Odette Grille  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:58
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Image plus text May 18, 2012

Hello Yasmin,

For some reason I did not get your answer through my mail and only saw it now (May 18th).
Job was canceled. But you are right there was an image and text over it that I could not select.
Thank you
Ode

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF loads only 1 page

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search