dealing with empty target segments in WF classic
Thread poster: Angel Llacuna

Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:30
English to Spanish
May 29, 2012

The scenario is this: I have opened a new segment to translate, and I have not yet typed anything on the target segment. Before proceeding, I wish to go to another already translated segment that is above the current segment, so I close the session (Alt + End), and then appears the message :
Accept this empty target segment ? What's the difference between answering Yes or No ? Can I prevent this message from displaying and define a default answer for it ?

What is the best way to go from one segment to another one that is not adjacent, in a document where the translation is in progress ? (some segments are translated and some are not)

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:30
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Just hit Enter and proceed May 29, 2012

When you come back to the last segment you translate it and proceed. NO problem I can see.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:30
Finnish to French
Alt+Del and Shift+Alt+down May 29, 2012

galone_es wrote:
The scenario is this: I have opened a new segment to translate, and I have not yet typed anything on the target segment. Before proceeding, I wish to go to another already translated segment that is above the current segment, so I close the session (Alt + End), and then appears the message :
Accept this empty target segment ? What's the difference between answering Yes or No ? Can I prevent this message from displaying and define a default answer for it ?

Use Alt+Delete (RestoreSegment), it's more convenient for that purpoise.
galone_es wrote:
What is the best way to go from one segment to another one that is not adjacent, in a document where the translation is in progress ? (some segments are translated and some are not)

Highlight the segment you want to switch to and press Shift+Alt+down (ForceSegment).

Anna Haxen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 08:30
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
Alt+Up May 29, 2012

Works for me and no message appears - but mine may be an older version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

dealing with empty target segments in WF classic

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search