dealing with empty target segments in WF classic
Thread poster: Angel Llacuna

Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:53
English to Spanish
May 29, 2012

The scenario is this: I have opened a new segment to translate, and I have not yet typed anything on the target segment. Before proceeding, I wish to go to another already translated segment that is above the current segment, so I close the session (Alt + End), and then appears the message :
Accept this empty target segment ? What's the difference between answering Yes or No ? Can I prevent this message from displaying and define a default answer for it ?

What is the best way to go from one segment to another one that is not adjacent, in a document where the translation is in progress ? (some segments are translated and some are not)

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:53
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Just hit Enter and proceed May 29, 2012

When you come back to the last segment you translate it and proceed. NO problem I can see.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:53
Finnish to French
Alt+Del and Shift+Alt+down May 29, 2012

galone_es wrote:
The scenario is this: I have opened a new segment to translate, and I have not yet typed anything on the target segment. Before proceeding, I wish to go to another already translated segment that is above the current segment, so I close the session (Alt + End), and then appears the message :
Accept this empty target segment ? What's the difference between answering Yes or No ? Can I prevent this message from displaying and define a default answer for it ?

Use Alt+Delete (RestoreSegment), it's more convenient for that purpoise.
galone_es wrote:
What is the best way to go from one segment to another one that is not adjacent, in a document where the translation is in progress ? (some segments are translated and some are not)

Highlight the segment you want to switch to and press Shift+Alt+down (ForceSegment).

Anna Haxen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 16:53
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
Alt+Up May 29, 2012

Works for me and no message appears - but mine may be an older version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

dealing with empty target segments in WF classic

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search