Mindjet file support
Thread poster: John Di Rico
| Which file format? || Jun 4, 2012 |
What is the file format generated by Mindjet? XML, HTML,....?
If you have a sample file, you can send it to me in private.
It is a proprietary format with the extension .mmap
I hope you can add this filter soon. I don't know of any other tool that can handle these files, gives Wordfast one more USP!
John Di Rico
Many thanks for sending me sample files.
I have managed to find a way for translating such MMAP files of Mindjet MindManager Professional.
- The MMAP file is a compressed archive. When I changed its extension to ZIP, I was able to Extract its contents. I copied Document.xml to translate it.
- If you open Document.xml in a text editor, you will see that the translatable parts are identified in the attribute: PlainText.
- To translate Document.xml in Wordfast Pro, I just created a very simple two-line *.properties file:
- To open the XML file in Wordfast Pro, go to Edit menu > Preferences > Formats > New > Text-based Filter.
- Click the [...] button to locate the (*.properties) file. Make sure the "Extension" textbox shows *.xml and save the settings (OK).
- Now, you should be able to open the XML file in WFP (File menu > Open file).
- After translation, replace the original Document.xml with the translated one, zip the files again, and restore the MMAP extension.
- Now, you should be able to open the translated MMAP in Mindjet MindManager Professional.
Here is a quick demonstration: http://www.screencast.com/t/O4VeUK1Qfj0q
I hope this helps.
I think it would be much easier if the Mindjet MindManager developers add a two-way option to the application itself for importing and exporting back the XML file.
| || |
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »