Thread poster: John Di Rico

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:00
Member (2006)
French to English
Jun 4, 2012

Hello!

Is there anyway we could have a filter created to translate Mindjet files?

Here is the software's website: http://www.mindjet.com/

They have a 30-day trial version that developers could use to create and test the filters.

Thanks!

John Di Rico

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 00:00
English to Arabic
Which file format? Jun 4, 2012

Dear John,

What is the file format generated by Mindjet? XML, HTML,....?

If you have a sample file, you can send it to me in private.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:00
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
.mmap Jun 4, 2012

Dear Yasmin,

It is a proprietary format with the extension .mmap

I hope you can add this filter soon. I don't know of any other tool that can handle these files, gives Wordfast one more USP!

Best,

John Di Rico
Wordfast Trainer
www.apextra.net

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 00:00
English to Arabic
XML route Jun 5, 2012

Dear John,

Many thanks for sending me sample files.

I have managed to find a way for translating such MMAP files of Mindjet MindManager Professional.

- The MMAP file is a compressed archive. When I changed its extension to ZIP, I was able to Extract its contents. I copied Document.xml to translate it.

- If you open Document.xml in a text editor, you will see that the translatable parts are identified in the attribute: PlainText.

- To translate Document.xml in Wordfast Pro, I just created a very simple two-line *.properties file:
paragraphPrefix.0=PlainText="
paragraphSuffix.0="

- To open the XML file in Wordfast Pro, go to Edit menu > Preferences > Formats > New > Text-based Filter.

- Click the [...] button to locate the (*.properties) file. Make sure the "Extension" textbox shows *.xml and save the settings (OK).

- Now, you should be able to open the XML file in WFP (File menu > Open file).

- After translation, replace the original Document.xml with the translated one, zip the files again, and restore the MMAP extension.

- Now, you should be able to open the translated MMAP in Mindjet MindManager Professional.

Here is a quick demonstration: http://www.screencast.com/t/O4VeUK1Qfj0q

I hope this helps.

I think it would be much easier if the Mindjet MindManager developers add a two-way option to the application itself for importing and exporting back the XML file.

Kind regards,
Yasmin Moslem

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mindjet file support

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search