New FREE Alignment Service Available Through Wordfast Anywhere
Thread poster: Kristyna Marrero

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:20
Jun 6, 2012

Hi All,

We have recently released a new version of our FREE web-based TM tool, Wordfast Anywhere, version 1.5.6. Among the features, is a new auto-aligner which adds support for additional languages. The auto-aligner allows you to upload not only an individual file for alignment, but batches of files and multilingual files. After you upload your files, Wordfast Anywhere will email you a translation memory (in TMX and Wordfast txt format) along with a file that will allow you to manipulate the data in order correct/edit any discrepancies in the TM.

Since this is a new service, we are asking that you try it out and provide us with your feedback. To access the auto-aligner, you must first register for a free account at http://www.freetm.com, then go to http://autoaligner.freetm.com/ .

As always, any content that you upload to Wordfast Anywhere remains completely confidential within your private, password-protected workspace.

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Kristyna

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:20
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Can't log in Jun 6, 2012

Kristyna Marrero wrote:
To access the auto-aligner, you must first register for a free account at http://www.freetm.com, then go to http://autoaligner.freetm.com/.

I log in to freetm.com but when I go to autoaligner.freetm.com it tells me to log in at freetm.com (I reloaded the page several times, to no avail).

United States
TOPIC STARTER
Try going to tools menu Jun 6, 2012

Hi Samuel,

After logging in to free.tm.com, try going to 'tools' > 'Align your files - More languages' and see if that works. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Kristyna

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Cookies Jun 6, 2012

Samuel Murray wrote:

I log in to freetm.com but when I go to autoaligner.freetm.com it tells me to log in at freetm.com (I reloaded the page several times, to no avail).

Dear Samuel,

Please try to enable Cookies, or try another browser (what is yours?)

Please let keep us informed.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Waiting for aligned files Jun 7, 2012

Kristyna Marrero wrote:
After logging in to free.tm.com, try going to 'tools' > 'Align your files - More languages' and see if that works.

Yes, that works. I have uploaded files for alignment, they were processed, and now I'm waiting for the files to be e-mailed to me. How long would it take to get to me? I've been waiting an hour now. The total size of the uploaded files was about 2 MB.

United States
TOPIC STARTER
Issue Fixed Jun 18, 2012

Hi Samuel,

What actually happened here is that your files names were too long which prevented the aligner from creating a TM. We have since fixed this issue so the aligner will support file names of any length.

Thanks for your continued support and feedback.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Ondrej Jakubcik  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Nothing happens Sep 12, 2012

Hello,

I tried to use the online autoaligner so I dropped two test files (each with just couple of sentences) into the drag-and-drop area. Then I clicked on Start upload, the progress bar appeared, but nothing showed under the Summary (Aligned Pairs) bar after the alignment process finished. I tried Firefox as well as IE, and different formats (DOC, RTF, TXT). Could you help me?

Thanks

United States
TOPIC STARTER
Try Again Sep 20, 2012

Hi Ondrej,

Thanks for your feedback. If the files are too short (less than 5 words) the aligner will not run. Please try again and let me know if you still have problems.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Erin DeBell  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Taking forever to process - not working? Jan 12, 2014

I uploaded two different source texts with corresponding target texts. Three files were .docx and one was .doc. They have been processing for about 30 minutes now with no resolution or error message. The screen says most alignments are done in 5 minutes, so I fear mine will not work. One source text was rather long - but well under 50 pages - so I am wondering if possibly the presence of lots of -------- characters as part of the formatting is affecting things? Thanks.

mapma
Portugal
Encoding problems Feb 26, 2014

Hello

I´m having a problem with the Wordfast Anywhere autoaligner. In order to correct some discrepancies in the TM generated by the autoaligner I edit the Excel file, I made the changes I need and then I save the Excel file. After that, I uploaded the Excel file to the autoaligner and I used the TM converter (Tools button) to generate a new and update version of the TM (in txt format). But when I open this txt file all the accents are replaced by squares. It seems there is a problem with file encoding. I tried to save the txt translation Memory with a different coding format but it didn’t work. Could you help me?

Thanks

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:20
Finnish to French
Save as Unicode text in Excel Feb 28, 2014

mapma wrote:
After that, I uploaded the Excel file to the autoaligner and I used the TM converter (Tools button) to generate a new and update version of the TM (in txt format). But when I open this txt file all the accents are replaced by squares. It seems there is a problem with file encoding. I tried to save the txt translation Memory with a different coding format but it didn’t work. Could you help me?

I'm not sure how the WFA aligner works (haven't been using it for a while), but if you are exporting your TM data from Excel to a tab-delimited text file, you would want to select Unicode text. This should solve the encoding problem.

Another possibility would be to have a look at LF Aligner, a free, open-source and highly regarded third-party alignment tool.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New FREE Alignment Service Available Through Wordfast Anywhere

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search