WF Pro: Crashing/Freezing upon spell check
Thread poster: eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 17:53
Italian to English
+ ...
Jun 16, 2012

I have a larger document (~7000 words), and when I try to spell check it, I can get through a few hundred segments, then it freezes up (message: Not responding), the Java platform hangs up, and I have to force close program file. I have increased the memory to 1420, installed the latest version of Java, re-installed WF Pro, and three hours later, I still can't spell check my document.

I split the file in two, but it still freezes. I really don't want to have to split the file up in 10 pieces just to spell check it.

I am running Windows 7. Please help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:53
Finnish to French
Do the spell checking in the bilingual review Jun 16, 2012

Chiara di Benedetto Brown wrote:
I have a larger document (~7000 words), and when I try to spell check it, I can get through a few hundred segments, then it freezes up (message: Not responding), the Java platform hangs up, and I have to force close program file. I have increased the memory to 1420, installed the latest version of Java, re-installed WF Pro, and three hours later, I still can't spell check my document.

You didn't mention what language you're trying to spell check, which spell checker you are using (Hunspell or Microsoft Office) and what version of Wordfast Pro you are running.
My advice would be to export your TXML to a bilingual review and do the spell checking in Microsoft Word. You need to upgrade to version 3.0 if you haven't done so already.

eccotraduttrice
United States
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jun 16, 2012

I re-installed WF Pro with the latest version (which I had been using in the first place), and I am spell checking English using MS Office spell check. I will try your fix, thank you Dominique!

eccotraduttrice
United States
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Jun 16, 2012

Wonderful, I did not know how to use this feature before -- thank you Dominique!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro: Crashing/Freezing upon spell check

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search