Maria Arruti  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:57
Member (2012)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 20, 2012

Hi all,

I would like to know how I can keep the colours of the original text when cleaning the translated document up. I have tried with the LeaveColors feature of the Pandora’s Box, but the result isn’t what I expect. With that feature the cleaned-up text takes the colour that I set for the translated text, not the one of the original text.

My Wordfast version is 5.91i .

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Maria

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:57
Finnish to French
LeaveColors should work Jun 20, 2012

Maria Arruti wrote:
I would like to know how I can keep the colours of the original text when cleaning the translated document up. I have tried with the LeaveColors feature of the Pandora’s Box, but the result isn’t what I expect. With that feature the cleaned-up text takes the colour that I set for the translated text, not the one of the original text.

What do you mean by "the colour you set for the translated text"? Do you mean you have defined custom colors for 100%, fuzzy and unknown in Setup > General? If so, it makes sense the custom colors you have defined stick after clean-up.
LeaveColors means that: if the source text is red, the translation you enter in the target segment will be red and Wordfast won't change it at clean-up time.
Maria Arruti wrote:
My Wordfast version is 5.91i .

The latest version is 6.03t.

[Edited at 2012-06-20 13:23 GMT]

Maria Arruti  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:57
Member (2012)
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, now it works Jun 20, 2012

It is exactly what I meant, Dominique. I have defined no colours for 100%, fuzzy and unknown segments, and now it works.

Many thanks,

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to keep the original colours when cleaning up

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search