https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/227411-how_to_keep_the_original_colours_when_cleaning_up.html

How to keep the original colours when cleaning up
Thread poster: Maria Arruti
Maria Arruti
Maria Arruti  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:38
Member (2012)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 20, 2012

Hi all,

I would like to know how I can keep the colours of the original text when cleaning the translated document up. I have tried with the LeaveColors feature of the Pandora’s Box, but the result isn’t what I expect. With that feature the cleaned-up text takes the colour that I set for the translated text, not the one of the original text.

My Wordfast version is 5.91i .

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Maria

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:38
Finnish to French
LeaveColors should work Jun 20, 2012

Maria Arruti wrote:
I would like to know how I can keep the colours of the original text when cleaning the translated document up. I have tried with the LeaveColors feature of the Pandora’s Box, but the result isn’t what I expect. With that feature the cleaned-up text takes the colour that I set for the translated text, not the one of the original text.

What do you mean by "the colour you set for the translated text"? Do you mean you have defined custom colors for 100%, fuzzy and unknown in Setup > General? If so, it makes sense the custom colors you have defined stick after clean-up.
LeaveColors means that: if the source text is red, the translation you enter in the target segment will be red and Wordfast won't change it at clean-up time.
Maria Arruti wrote:
My Wordfast version is 5.91i .

The latest version is 6.03t.

[Edited at 2012-06-20 13:23 GMT]

Maria Arruti
Maria Arruti  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:38
Member (2012)
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, now it works Jun 20, 2012

It is exactly what I meant, Dominique. I have defined no colours for 100%, fuzzy and unknown segments, and now it works.

Many thanks,

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to keep the original colours when cleaning up

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »