Pasted text appearing in delimiter format in Wordfast Classic Demo 6.03t
Thread poster: Tell-it-como-es

Tell-it-como-es  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:34
Spanish to English
Jun 25, 2012

I'm going along ok copy and pasting to and from QTranslate my current practise project is not into my native tongue) but sometimes when I select the source segment to translate, it copies beyong the text box boundary and when I paste the translated segment back in, it appears in the same format as the delimiters (small font and purple).

I have tried closing and reopening and format painting the text afterwards but am unsure what is going on. I am wondering if it is to do with the source text formating?

Any clues, please?

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:34
Finnish to French
Paste as unformatted Jun 25, 2012

You need to paste as unformatted. If you have Word 2010, you should be able to use Ctrl+Alt+V (instead of Ctrl+V).

Tell-it-como-es  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:34
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Pasting non-formatted in Word 2007 Jun 25, 2012

Thanks Dominique. This also works in Word 2007.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:34
Finnish to French
Good to know! Jun 25, 2012

Tell-it-como-es wrote:
This also works in Word 2007.

Good to know, because it doesn't work in Word 2003 . This is why I have a custom macro in Word 2003 that lets me paste as unformatted.

You can also use the new TransTools Utility, which has a function (Ctrl+Win+V) that lets you paste as unformatted directly, without having to go through a dialog box as with Word's built-in Ctrl+Alt+V.

The same (= pasting as unformatted) applies when you have found useful stuff on a web page and want to copy it into the target segment: you will most likely destroy your segment if you paste it as formatted text, which is the default.

When copying text to the target segment from within Word, you can use the dedicated command Alt+F12. When copying text from anywhere else (browser, QTranslate etc.), you need to paste as unformatted, whether via Ctrl+Alt+V, a custom macro of your own or a 3rd-party utility like the aforementioned TransTools.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pasted text appearing in delimiter format in Wordfast Classic Demo 6.03t

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search