Ellen-Marian Panissières
Ellen-Marian Panissières
France
Local time: 09:22
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 26, 2012

Hi,

I am working on a huge translation of over 54 000 words. The problem is that 3 of the documents (with images and columns) can not be cleaned. The documents I have left are all uncleaned. I receive a message that says that there is a problem with a Word plugin. I work on a Mc Intosh with Wordfast Version: 2.2.4. I also tried to clean on my Laptop PC, but then I can't even load the uncleaned file and I get a huge log with problems. Can anybody help me?

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:22
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Try to fix the documents Jun 26, 2012

Perhaps, the documents, especially if large, contain some problems. Try one of the following:
a) with Microsoft Word, save to RTF and back to DOC;
b) with OpenOffice.org/Apache OpenOffice, make a minor edit and save.

Note, in both cases losses of formatting are possible, thus, make backup copies of the documents.

Then try to create target documents with Wordfast, re-translate as necessary.

Ellen-Marian Panissières
Ellen-Marian Panissières
France
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't work Jun 26, 2012

Hi, I tried it, but didn't work, I have the same problem. I sent a bug report to Wordfast, I hope they can get back to me....

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:22
Finnish to French
Version? Jun 26, 2012

Ellen-Marian Panissieres-Beuker wrote:
I am working on a huge translation of over 54 000 words. The problem is that 3 of the documents (with images and columns) can not be cleaned. The documents I have left are all uncleaned. I receive a message that says that there is a problem with a Word plugin. I work on a Mc Intosh with Wordfast Version: 2.2.4. I also tried to clean on my Laptop PC, but then I can't even load the uncleaned file and I get a huge log with problems. Can anybody help me?

You must be talking about Wordfast Pro, based on the version. There is no such version as 2.2.4 as far as I'm aware. The current version is 3.0, before that it was (on Mac) 2.4.1 (December 2011) and 2.3 (March 2010). Regardless of your exact version, it is outdated and you should upgrade to 3.0.

I assume "uncleaned" means "bilingual", ie. you are talking about a translated TXML.

One thing you could try is open a fresh copy of your source document in version 3.0 and retranslate it against your existing TM. Then see of you are able to save the translated file.

Ellen-Marian Panissières
Ellen-Marian Panissières
France
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems now with installing Wordfast Jun 26, 2012

It is getting even more interesting and more stressfull. I tried to install the latest version now on my PC and it doesn't work. It says that I have to close all the other software (which I did) and even restarting my computer doesn't work....

Ellen-Marian Panissières
Ellen-Marian Panissières
France
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Jun 26, 2012

I managed to install, finally Wordfast Pro 3 on my Mc Intosh and no problem cleaning!! Yess (thrilled!!:)). Thank you very muche!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error in Word no cleaning possible

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »