Thread poster: B D Finch

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:19
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 28, 2012

I have a Powerpoint file to translate and do not have much experience of Powerpoint. When I open the file it shows that it is in "compatibility mode". I am running Office 2007 in Windows XP and using Wordfast Pro 2.4.4 (licensed).

When I try to analyse the .ppt file, I get the following error message:

“Error in file: PRES.FRA4.ppt
java.lang.RuntimeException: There was a problem while writing txml document.”

I cannot analyse or open the file in Wordfast Pro.

HELP!

Barbara

Direct link Reply with quote

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem seems to have been solved Jun 28, 2012

I found that the source file had the wrong language coding and now I have altered that to French (from Italian) and converted the file to a current PowerPoint format, it has loaded OK. The test will be when I try to open the translated file!

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Suggest you update Jun 28, 2012

If you have managed to convert the file into txml you should have no problem creating/opening the translated file, however as you mention you have version 2.4.4 I would suggest you update to the latest version 3.0 as this way you are sure to have the latest updates/fixes to the program

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:19
Finnish to French
Save as PPTX, upgrade to 3.0 Jun 28, 2012

B D Finch wrote:
I found that the source file had the wrong language coding and now I have altered that to French (from Italian) and converted the file to a current PowerPoint format, it has loaded OK. The test will be when I try to open the translated file!

I assume saving your PPT as PPTX is what you meant by "converting to a current PowerPoint format". That would also have been my suggestion (I don't think the language set in PowerPoint for the original file matters much to Wordfast). Otherwise I agree with Alex: upgrading to 3.0 would be a good idea. As you can see from the release notes, at least of a couple of issues related to PPTX were fixed in 3.0.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT - Cannot load Powerpoint file in Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search