Wordfast Pro 3: Unable to use updated TM
Thread poster: Mukundan Srinivasan
Mukundan Srinivasan
Mukundan Srinivasan
Local time: 07:59
English to Telugu
+ ...
Jun 30, 2012

I am a beginner and I would appreciate some help in using Wordfast Pro 3.0.

I created a TM and translated a file completely. I updated the TM by pressing ALt+End. Then I noticed that I made a mistake in translation of one segment. I corrected the mistake and again updated the TM (TM is set to overwrite the existing TU). Now this particular segment gets repeated at least 40 times. I explored for a way to automatically update all the occurrences with the latest translation in TM. ... See more
I am a beginner and I would appreciate some help in using Wordfast Pro 3.0.

I created a TM and translated a file completely. I updated the TM by pressing ALt+End. Then I noticed that I made a mistake in translation of one segment. I corrected the mistake and again updated the TM (TM is set to overwrite the existing TU). Now this particular segment gets repeated at least 40 times. I explored for a way to automatically update all the occurrences with the latest translation in TM.

I tried "Translate ALL". But it didnot modify and did not replace the remaining 39 occurrences with the updated TM (I guess it is because it must have skipped all the segments with 100% score). I had to manually go through all the 1200 segments and whenever the segment occured, I pressed ALt+Space and leveraged the TM. This way I could do it.

But I was wondering, there should be some way for doing this automatically instead of going through the whole file segment by segment ?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3: Unable to use updated TM

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »