Saving a ttx in docx format in Wordfast Pro
Thread poster: Solgun

Solgun  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:58
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Jul 5, 2012

Hey guys,

once again I´m stuck at technical issues (the only aspect of being a translator I don´t appreciate). I recieved a ttx-file from the client, and in the PO in the cleanup-archive were the same texts only in docx-format. That means that she wants me to send the files back to her in docx-format, right? And how do I save my ttx in docx in Wordfast Pro? When I try, Wordfast gives me no target-file options, it just saves it in docx.ttx or docx.txml, that bastard.

Any help is appreciated!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:58
English to Czech
+ ...
Impossible, AFAIK Jul 5, 2012

I'm not an expert on WF Pro, but I strongly believe that it's impossible to re-create the source format from a TTX file directly in WF.
Possible ways:
1. Open the TTX in Trados TagEditor and save it as target
2. Ask the client to send you the source DOC(X), load it to WF and have your current TM re-translate the file from scratch. Then generate the target DOC(X).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Saving a ttx in docx format in Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search