https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/228487-%22error_while_saving_file%22.html

"Error while saving file"
Thread poster: Solgun Thorsen Tveit (X)
Solgun Thorsen Tveit (X)
Solgun Thorsen Tveit (X)  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 23:06
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Jul 7, 2012

Hi everyone!:)
I was wondering if anyone has come across this message before in Wordfast: "Error while saving file. Aspose failed to read file content. Please check log for more details." I got it while trying to save my translated document "as translated file" in the source text document. It´s a word-document, and Im working in Wordfast 3, trial version.

Thanks for your reply!

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:06
Finnish to French
location and name of source document Jul 8, 2012

In order to be able to create the translated file (via File > Save translated file), you need to have the source file in the same folder as the .txml used for the translation.

Do you have the source Word document, or did you receive a .txml made from it (and nothing else) from your client? If you only have the .txml, you cannot create the translated Word document.

If you do have the source Word document, have you changed its location or its name?

Ruth Simpson
Ruth Simpson  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:06
French to English
Change file name May 16, 2013

Hi,
I just had this problem with the same message and I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would share my solution.
I had a source file with a "_en" ending, and as that is what Wordfast assigns automatically to the translation, it wouldn't save two files with the same name.

I resolved it by deleting the "_en" ending off the source file name and putting it through Wordfast "Translate until fuzzy". It worked perfectly.

Ruth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Error while saving file"

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »