lots of red after commitng to TM (WF Pro)
Thread poster: big_fish

big_fish  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
Jul 12, 2012

Hello,
I have committed all the translations to TM and get a lot of red segments.
I have no idea what is its significance and whether the red has any impact on the output translation.
Is there a way to find it?
I found the meaning of red in Preference (Error text colour) and entered in the online help.
Nothing there. (By the way I haven't been able to find any useful piece of information just by entering a search string. Is it my ineptitude?)
Thanks for any suggestion.
Krzysztof

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:43
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
tags Jul 12, 2012

Krzysztof,
Have you checked tags? It may be the reason of the "error" (usually you also get a pop-up message there's something wrong with a tag while you're about to move to the next segment).
Good luck!
Marcelina.

big_fish  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No tag problem Jul 12, 2012

Marcelina Haftka wrote:

Krzysztof,
Have you checked tags? It may be the reason of the "error" (usually you also get a pop-up message there's something wrong with a tag while you're about to move to the next segment).
Good luck!
Marcelina.

Hello Marcelina,
Thank you for your response. The red indicates "Error text colour" whatever that stands for, as it's nowhere to be found it in the online help. I just don't get it, but left it as it was, sent it to the customer and the file was good. Yet, it is disconcerting and I would like to know that I am sending a good file to the customer rather than ask them if it is good.
Thanks!
Krzysztof

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 12:43
English to Arabic
Screenshot Jul 12, 2012

Dear Krzysztof,

Is it possible to send us a screenshot of what you see?

Was this TXML file created by you or by the client?

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

lots of red after commitng to TM (WF Pro)

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search