Thread poster: Melanie Maiwald-Meylahn
Melanie Maiwald-Meylahn
Melanie Maiwald-Meylahn  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:13
English to German
+ ...
Jul 18, 2012

I tried Wordfast Anywhere for the first time and so far everything went well, but I can not download the finished translation.

I even tried to download the document two times while I was still working on it, just to make sure that everything will work - and I could download everything properly.

But now, it says:

Document download failed due to the following error:
error: Error on segments range [394-396], please check the tags

when I t
... See more
I tried Wordfast Anywhere for the first time and so far everything went well, but I can not download the finished translation.

I even tried to download the document two times while I was still working on it, just to make sure that everything will work - and I could download everything properly.

But now, it says:

when I try to download my translation.

It is a pretty long document and I don't want to retype everything, so I would really appreciate any help!

Thank you!
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 08:13
English to Arabic
Tags Jul 18, 2012

Dear Maiwald-Meylahn,

Have you tried to check tags on the three mentioned segments?

If nothing helps, please contact me in private.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Melanie Maiwald-Meylahn
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, Jul 18, 2012

I tried to expand the segments, but that doesn't work. I get an erroer alert as well.

Thank you for your help!

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
Complete error message Jul 18, 2012

Maiwald-Meylahn wrote:

The error message continues and says:

If you need help, please make a request in the 'Report bug' dialog box (menu > ? > Report a bug).
We will help you to recover the file.

Have you done that?

As it happens, someone reported a similar message on the Anywhere list (this is how I know what the full error message looks like) and his problem was solved after he reported the problem as asked.

Generally speaking, questions related to Wordfast Anywhere are better asked on the dedicated list, since this is where the developers hang out: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast_anywhere/

Melanie Maiwald-Meylahn
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 18, 2012

Yes, the problem is more or less solved. I could save the translated file, but I still don't know what the problem was. It would be interesting to know what happened or what I did wrong.

Daniel Bird
Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:13
German to English
Alternative "dodge" Jul 18, 2012

You could if necessary download your TM and retranslate the document locally, if the document really refuses to download.

I am gradually getting the hang of Anywhere which I am using to maximise a certain workflow that I have to satisfy; thanks to the earlier poster for the note about the yahoo group which I've no doubt will be useful,
Cheers all round
DB

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
WFA? Jul 18, 2012

Maiwald-Meylahn wrote:

Yes, the problem is more or less solved. I could save the translated file

Was that in WF Anywhere?

Kind regards,
Yasmin

[Edited at 2012-07-18 10:00 GMT]

Adam Rehor (X)
Adam Rehor (X)
Czech to English
+ ...
Saved by WordFast Classic Demo Sep 20, 2012

Daniel Bird wrote:

You could if necessary download your TM and retranslate the document locally, if the document really refuses to download.

I am gradually getting the hang of Anywhere which I am using to maximise a certain workflow that I have to satisfy; thanks to the earlier poster for the note about the yahoo group which I've no doubt will be useful,
Cheers all round
DB

I had this very issue yesterday, and just like Daniel wrote, even though I couldn't download the document, I could download my entire TM for the project.

I simply downloaded the WordFast Classic Demo, imported the TM, and clicked Next, Next, Next...
It is a little bothersome, but it took about 1 minute per page, so it wasn't such a big deal.

Now, I simply set up an alarm and save/send the translation to my E-mail every hour or so (every time I take a break).

Andrew Alix
Andrew Alix  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:13
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Download wordfast translated document Jun 21, 2013

[quote] Andrew Alix wrote:

You could try to remove the tags at the section one at a time and copy the tags from the source line.
They could be corrupted.

Adam Rehor wrote:

Daniel Bird wrote:

Cheers all round
DB

I had this very issue yesterday, and just like Daniel wrote, even though I couldn't download the document, I could download my entire TM for the project.

I simply downloaded the WordFast Classic Demo, imported the TM, and clicked Next, Next, Next...
It is a little bothersome, but it took about 1 minute per page, so it wasn't such a big deal.

Now, I simply set up an alarm and save/send the translation to my E-mail every hour or so (every time I take a break).

[Edited at 2013-06-21 23:19 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! I can not download my translation from Wordfast Anywhere

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »