problem with bilingual review
Thread poster: Bernard Gibbons

Bernard Gibbons  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:37
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 24, 2012

I am trying to generate a bilingual review in Wordfast Pro and I keep getting the message: "Empty segmentId in translatable block 0.
Find block 0 in the TXML and enter a valid segmentId".
Does anyone know what this means and what I can do about it?

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:37
Finnish to French
Format of original source document? Jul 24, 2012

What is the format of the original source document? The error message is strange, because defining the segmentId should be the job of the software, not of the user. If the original file is an Office document, you could try to save it to an alternative format (eg. DOC -> DOCX, PPTX -> PPT etc.), retranslate it and see if you are more lucky with the bilingual review. Feel free to send me the original source document + the TXML in private for further investigation.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 01:37
English to Arabic
TXML generated by older version Jul 24, 2012

For the record, the TXML file that caused the problem encountered by Bernard was generated in an outdated version of WFP.

I have regenerated the TXML in the latest version and was able to Export the bilingual review document without any problem.

---
Best Regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

[Edited at 2012-07-24 23:15 GMT]

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:37
Finnish to French
Upgrading in the middle of a job Jul 25, 2012

Yasmin Moslem wrote:
For the record, the TXML file that caused the problem encountered by Bernard was generated in an outdated version of WFP.

Thanks for the info, Yasmin! Does it mean that it is not possible to create a TXML in 2.4.4, upgrade to 3.0 and create a bilingual review from that TXML?

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 01:37
English to Arabic
2.4.4 Jul 27, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Does it mean that it is not possible to create a TXML in 2.4.4, upgrade to 3.0 and create a bilingual review from that TXML?

Dear Dominique,

For the sake of testing, I have randomly found a TXML file generated in WFP 2.4.4 and tried to Import and Export bilingual review in WFP 3.x. That worked without any problem. I would say it might be risky, though.

However, here we are not talking about a semi-recent version like 2.4.4. Bernard told me the TXML file was generated by a three-year old version (you cannot eve find the attribute "createdby" in the TXML). In this case, you can expect different filtering and/or segmentation as well as computability issues with newer versions.

--------------------------------------------------

I would like to remind every Wordfast license holder, that they are entitled to any Wordfast update throughout their license validity period; so please do not keep using an outdated versions and then complain about already fixed bugs. For more information, please read Wordfast EULA:
http://wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=agreement

Kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem with bilingual review

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search