Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Announcing the Release of Wordfast Pro 3.1
Thread poster: Kristyna Marrero

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:38
Aug 1, 2012

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the release of Wordfast Pro 3.1 with over 30 new features and enhancements. Wordfast Pro 3.1 adds the following features:

-Ability to edit source content
-Ability to track changes in segments
-Improved find/replace functionality (find/replace on source, target or both)
-Support for WorldLingo Machine Translation
-Additional outline filter options
And much more!

You can view the full list of features and improvements here - http://www.wordfast.com/support_release_notes.html

To download a demo version of Wordfast Pro 3.1 for Windows, Mac, and Linux, visit our website here -
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

If you are an existing WFP license holder, you can upgrade to version 3.1 for free. Just download it from our website and install it. It will replace your previous version and your license will remain intact.

Thanks for your continued support and feedback,

Kristyna

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:38
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Thank you! Aug 3, 2012

The new version seems more user friendly. But I have one complaint. Compared to WFC the recognition of numbers is very poor. WFC knows, that the numbers don't need translation, and inserts them right most of the time. But in WFP for instance a segment like "-10 to +40" gets interpreted as quite something else and I have to copy to target and adjust the text accordingly. WFC would translate automatically to "-10...+40" as in thousands occasions before. WFP does never get it right.

Yves Champollion  Identity Verified
English to French
great feedback Aug 3, 2012

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

The new version seems more user friendly. But I have one complaint. Compared to WFC the recognition of numbers is very poor. WFC knows, that the numbers don't need translation, and inserts them right most of the time. But in WFP for instance a segment like "-10 to +40" gets interpreted as quite something else and I have to copy to target and adjust the text accordingly. WFC would translate automatically to "-10...+40" as in thousands occasions before. WFP does never get it right.

Thanks Heinrich.

If you had one simple example I can chew on, I'll see what can be done. Like, with the above -10...+40 numbers actually inside a whole sentence/segment - so I can run the two segments in the two tools and see what can be done.

Cheers and many thanks in adavance,
Yves

Gyula Erdész
Hungary
Local time: 01:38
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Native 64 bit Linux support? Aug 3, 2012

Dear Kristyna and Yves,

Are you planning to release a native 64 bit Linux version in the near future? I experienced pretty serious problems with the installation of WFP on 64 bit Linux Mint operation system.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

Gyula

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
WFP on 64-bit Linux Aug 4, 2012

Gyula Erdész wrote:
Are you planning to release a native 64 bit Linux version in the near future? I experienced pretty serious problems with the installation of WFP on 64 bit Linux Mint operation system.

Do you mean you have been able to install it, but it was painful?

Just in case, I'm quoting this message from the WFP list on Yahoo, posted by Yasmin on 8-Mar-2012:

Just a general note: we have several users running WF Pro on Linux 64-bit, by:

installing ia32-sun-java6-bin and then by running the command
update-alternatives --config java and choosing the 32 bits Java

However, this requires advanced experience in Linux.

Gyula Erdész
Hungary
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
ia32-sun-java6-bin - not available Aug 4, 2012

Dear Dominique,

First of all, thank you for your helping hand.

I have already walked this way and spent a couple of hours with this problem but it turned out that ia32-sun-java6-bin is not available in the repositories of the newest Ubuntu/Mint distros. That is why I asked if there would be a native 64 bit release form Wordfast Pro in the near future.

I certainly know that this problem involves only a couple of people, but if you advertise your product with the slogan:

Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory technology.

then you have to solve such issues.

Best regards,

Gyula

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Number recognition and auto-suggest Aug 6, 2012

Yves Champollion wrote:

If you had one simple example I can chew on, I'll see what can be done.

Hi Yves,

Here are a few examples:

http://screencast.com/t/9xmAwHvG7dtv
http://screencast.com/t/PRQetWYBOGz

And a video showing how auto-suggest for numbers doesn't work in some circumstances (like when the currency symbol is attached to the number and/or there is a decimal instead of a non-breaking space):
http://screencast.com/t/NjZT0Vmi3G7

Thanks!

John

Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 21:38
English to Spanish
Compatibility question Aug 7, 2012

Hi!

This is probably a silly question, but I'd like to ask if Wordfast Pro (and Classic, for that matter) is fully compatible with Office 2010...

Thanks!

Andrea

Finnish to French
Office 2010 compatibility Aug 7, 2012

ariffo wrote:
This is probably a silly question, but I'd like to ask if Wordfast Pro (and Classic, for that matter) is fully compatible with Office 2010...

Classic is fully compatible with Word 2010, including the 64-bit version of it (many add-ons are not, for instance Trados Workbench). See this post for detailed installation instructions.

Pro doesn't require the presence of Office 2010, but if Office 2010 is installed, it can use Word for previewing purposes, and also for opening "bilingual reviews" (a new feature introduced in version 3.0).

Finnish to French
Support for 64-bit Linux Aug 7, 2012

Gyula Erdész wrote:

I have no idea about what it takes to make WFP work in 64-bit Linux out of the box. WFP does work without problems on 64-bit versions of Windows and OS X, but maybe Linux is trickier in that respect.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
A question about the tracks Aug 7, 2012

Kristyna Marrero wrote:
-Ability to edit source content

Are these things set in the program itself or is it set on the file? I mean, can a client set either of these settings in the file itself, so that the translator doesn't have to (or can't) change the setting while he works on the file? I mean, can a client send me a file that has "tracks" enabled, without me realising it unless I specifically look for it?

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:38
TOPIC STARTER
Edit Source and Track Changes Aug 8, 2012

Hi Samuel,

These features are on by default. Right now, there is no way for your client to activate or deactivate these features.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Revisions Aug 8, 2012

Kristyna Marrero wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:
Kristyna Marrero wrote:

Are these things set in the program itself or is it set on the file? I mean, can a client set either of these settings in the file itself, so that the translator doesn't have to (or can't) change the setting while he works on the file? I mean, can a client send me a file that has "tracks" enabled, without me realising it unless I specifically look for it?

These features are on by default. Right now, there is no way for your client to activate or deactivate these features.

Hmm, I see "revisions" in WFP 3.1 but I can't see the tracked changes. Is there a way for me to see the changes? I can see in the TXML file that the old version of a translation is retained in the file, inside "revisions" tags, and I see I can choose to see only segments with revisions in the outline pane, but how can I see the changes?

Will a version of WFP older than 3.1 be able to open a TXML file with revisions and not break it or remove the revisions?

I can see the change in the "Segment changes" tab of the PM perspective, but I can only see the change in the current segment, not all of them. In other words, I have to put my cursor in the changed segment in TXML editor perspective, then change to PM perspective, then select the "Segment changes" tab, to see the changes. Is there a simpler way, that provides a better overview?

Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
WfPro 3.1 stuck at 256 Mb memory usage Aug 9, 2012

I notice the same problem that I had with version in the course of about last 2 years, which made me refrain of using WfPro, despite I would have wanted enormously to:

WfPro 3.1 sticks at 256 Mb memory usage, i.e. when I put it on whatever higher memory usage I need, it says that the requested configuration will be active after the programme restart. And after it, it is still on 256 Mb, and for my method of work it is not enough.

(Yasmin once gave good instructions about this; if I vaguelly remember, they consisted in something radical, like complete previous uninstall, instead of leaving that the new install does it, I don't remember now. Besides, I do not possess a licence for WfPro, but a demo.)

D

Kristyna Marrero wrote:

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the release of Wordfast Pro 3.1 with over 30 new features and enhancements. Wordfast Pro 3.1 adds the following features:

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Answered already Aug 9, 2012

Hi Dragomir,

Please check these posts:
http://www.proz.com/post/1941358#1941358
http://www.proz.com/post/1941992#1941992

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing the Release of Wordfast Pro 3.1

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search