Change output (translated file) font in Wordfast Pro?
Thread poster: Bree Salmon

Bree Salmon  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 18:24
Japanese to English
Aug 8, 2012

How does one change the type of font that is used when outputting to the translated file? I know you can change the fonts used within Wordfast Pro for its UI, but I'm looking for the target file fonts to end up as, for example, Times New Roman, where the source is Century.

Probably an easy solution, but I couldn't find it.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:24
Finnish to French
Do it in the application of the document Aug 8, 2012

Wordfast will restitute the layout of the original document. If you need/want to use another font, you will have to do it in the application of that document: in Word if it's a Word document, in PowerPoint if it's a PPT etc.

Bree Salmon  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 18:24
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 8, 2012

Thanks, but it's too bad to hear that. Especially because, with Word files with lots of text boxes, I have to manually click-select every individual text box in the translated file to change the font. I realize this is a shortcoming of Word itself, but it would be even better for productivity if Wordfast would allow users to specify "target font" settings and eliminate the potentially extra step(s).

In translating from Japanese, fonts are always in either MS Asahi or MS Gothic when I output the file, and I'd much rather have them be Times New Roman, Arial, etc.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:24
Finnish to French
Word macro? Aug 8, 2012

Bree Salmon wrote:
Thanks, but it's too bad to hear that. Especially because, with Word files with lots of text boxes, I have to manually click-select every individual text box in the translated file to change the font. I realize this is a shortcoming of Word itself, but it would be even better for productivity if Wordfast would allow users to specify "target font" settings and eliminate the potentially extra step(s).

In translating from Japanese, fonts are always in either MS Asahi or MS Gothic when I output the file, and I'd much rather have them be Times New Roman, Arial, etc.

Maybe you should devise a Word macro to change fonts everywhere in one go?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change output (translated file) font in Wordfast Pro?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search