Thread poster: Elodie Bonnafous

Elodie Bonnafous  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:41
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
Aug 8, 2012

I have just finished the translation of an Excel file with Wordfast Pro, but when I try to open the Excel file, following error message appears: The converter could not open the file.

Can anyone help?
There was no problem till now...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Terry Richards
France
Local time: 21:41
French to English
+ ...
Excel versions Aug 8, 2012

If you have Excel 2003 and the file is Excel 2007 or later (xlsx), two possibilities spring to mind:

1) You are trying to open it from an e-mail attachment, tyhe convertor doesn't like that. Save it to a disk and open it from there.

2) It has been renamed as xlsx when it is really an xls (or vice-versa). Rename it and it will open.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:41
Finnish to French
More information needed Aug 8, 2012

Elodie Bonnafous wrote:
I have just finished the translation of an Excel file with Wordfast Pro, but when I try to open the Excel file, following error message appears: The converter could not open the file.

Which versions of Wordfast Pro and of Excel do you use? Were you able to save the translated file in Wordfast Pro? Is your Excel file an XLS or an XLSX? Is the error message issued by Excel or by Wordfast Pro?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Excel file

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search