Thread poster: Sam Berner

Sam Berner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:33
Member (2003)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Aug 10, 2012

I apologise if this was discussed anywhere else, or if I am posting twice - Chrome crashed on me and I can't see my initial post on this forum.

I am using Wordfast Classic 6.01g and Word 2010 (Home and Office).

In larger, formated documents, my Word crashes at about p. 5 on pressing Alt+Down. It restarts and thereon it will crash every second or third segment.

The only other programs running on the same computer are Google Chrome and Windows Media Player.

All bookmarks have been deleted from the document, and the document itself was originally created in Word. It has around 5K words.

Any assistance with this is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:33
Finnish to French
Bluetooth, normal.dotm Aug 10, 2012

Sam Berner wrote:
I am using Wordfast Classic 6.01g and Word 2010 (Home and Office).

In larger, formated documents, my Word crashes at about p. 5 on pressing Alt+Down. It restarts and thereon it will crash every second or third segment.

Just in case: do you happen to have a Send to bluetooth icon under Word 2010's Add-ins tab? If so, see this post.

Another thing you could try: deleting normal.dotm. See this article to locate it. A corrupt normal.dot(m) is often the cause of unexplained crashes in Word.

Also upgrade to the latest version, 6.03t.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP: Word Crashes Every Alt+Down

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search