WF glossary pop-up faulty style
Thread poster: Khadhé
Khadhé
Khadhé
Local time: 02:12
English to French
Aug 16, 2012

Hello,

I recently updated WF Classic to 6.03t on a Vista machine running MS Word 2007.

The pop-up lines that come with glossary suggestions (when there is more than one possibility) are now systematically displayed in a very narrow 1 letter wide paragraph, therefore vertically, instead of horizontally in a wide enough paragraph. Their style includes excessive indents that apparently cause this behavior (if I correct the style manually by suppressing the indents, the po
... See more
Hello,

I recently updated WF Classic to 6.03t on a Vista machine running MS Word 2007.

The pop-up lines that come with glossary suggestions (when there is more than one possibility) are now systematically displayed in a very narrow 1 letter wide paragraph, therefore vertically, instead of horizontally in a wide enough paragraph. Their style includes excessive indents that apparently cause this behavior (if I correct the style manually by suppressing the indents, the pop-up is displayed normally, on an horizontal line).

Any idea how to correct this corrupt style would be welcome!
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:12
Finnish to French
Delete the style WfPopup Aug 16, 2012

You should have a style called WfPopup. Try to delete it. Wordfast will create a new one from scratch. The problem you experienced is often related to upgrading to 6.03t from a beta version. Have you used any version newer than 6.01g (prior to upgrading to 6.03t)?

Khadhé
Khadhé
Local time: 02:12
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
It worked. Aug 20, 2012

Your solution seems to have worked, Dominique. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

My upgrade path is a bit complicated. I uploaded a trial version of the 6.03t, tried it, but did not see enough difference to warrant buying it, then could not return to my previous version, so ended up buying it (the latest).

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:12
Finnish to French
Wordfast and versions Aug 20, 2012

Pascal Roussel wrote:
My upgrade path is a bit complicated. I uploaded a trial version of the 6.03t, tried it, but did not see enough difference to warrant buying it, then could not return to my previous version, so ended up buying it (the latest).

Just in case: with Wordfast, you don't buy a given version and get locked into it. You are entitled to install and use the latest version available at any given time during the validity period (three years).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF glossary pop-up faulty style

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »