HELP: Undo translation made with wordfast
Thread poster: zara01 (X)

zara01 (X)
Local time: 05:48
English to German
Jul 20, 2004

I just hit the translate button in the tools section and all that happened was that parts of the original text "disappeared". How can I undo this trabslation? Plus how do I get rid of all the formatting signs in the text now?

Please help!

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 06:48
English to Russian
You have a *.bak file. Jul 20, 2004

zara01 wrote: I just hit the translate button

Which in fact was 'quick clean button. You can leave Word without saving or check you *.bak file.

George Rabel  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
reverse the translation memory Jul 23, 2004

You can do a reverse translation with Wordfast. You can translate the translation back to the original. I did it once when I mistakenly used the "master" copy of the document for my translation, but then it need to be translated into another language from the original. I created a translation memory reversening the languages: (EN-CL -> CL-EN). To my delight, it worked, and I was able to rebuild the original.
Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP: Undo translation made with wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search