Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 26, 2012

Dear all

I've been requested to proofread a machine translation using Wordfast Pro (I'm using 3.1.) It is a real nightmare as every single segment is awfully translated. My mistake, I won't ever accept a similar job.
To worsen the situation, Worfast is proving to be absolutely unefficient for the assigned task. Some of the issues I would like to resolve are:
1) Global changes:
Ex. source:

From the Tools menu

Wrong Spanish translation provided by machine:

Desde el Herramientas menú
(It should be Desde el menú Herramientas

I tried to do a global replacement using button "Replace all". It does not work at all. Even when there is no tags at all, "Replace all" function does not work. "Replace/Find" does not work either! Besides, I have done some global replacements, when I do the replacement it seems that the text has been changed, but when I arrive to the supposedly changed segment, the original translation is still there.

Any idea of what migh be going on?

Regards

Clarisa

Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
Source or target or both Aug 26, 2012

Hi, I don't want you to think I am insulting you by mentioning this point, but since it took me two years of uneven search and replace attempts to notice this, perhaps you haven't noticed this either. When you go to search and replace you can tick "source," "target," and "both." If "source" is ticked, no replacement is possible. If this is completely obvious to you, I apologize, and hope you find the right answer to your situation.
Best,
Jessica

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm selecting "target" Aug 26, 2012

Jessica Noyes wrote:

Hi, I don't want you to think I am insulting you by mentioning this point, but since it took me two years of uneven search and replace attempts to notice this, perhaps you haven't noticed this either. When you go to search and replace you can tick "source," "target," and "both." If "source" is ticked, no replacement is possible. If this is completely obvious to you, I apologize, and hope you find the right answer to your situation.
Best,
Jessica

Dear Jessica

You are not insulting me. Sometimes we don't realize we have selected "source" instead of "target", or the opcions "case sensitive", "whole word", and so on. But I'm afraid this is not the case. I wish it was! (That would be easy so solve!) The radio buttons selected are "Target" and "From cursor".

Regards

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Replace all" "Replace/Find" not working at WF Pro 3.1.0

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search