How to find segments that have been corrected in WfPro in .ttx file?
Thread poster: Helena Gogelova

Helena Gogelova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:06
English to Czech
+ ...
Oct 2, 2012

I translated .ttx files using WfPRo. The client sent the revised files back to me asking me to accept or decline the corrections made by the reviser. How can I find the segments that have been corrected? Is there any function that would go through translated segments, compare them with TM and stop at segments that have been changed?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion.

Helena

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:06
Finnish to French
ChangeTracker Oct 2, 2012

No built-in way to do the comparison AFAIK, but this free utility should do what you want:

http://www.change-tracker.com/

It will let you compare two TXML's, the original one you translated and the one you received with corrections from the reviewer, and will point out the differences.

Helena Gogelova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:06
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, it works! Oct 2, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

No built-in way to do the comparison AFAIK, but this free utility should do what you want:

http://www.change-tracker.com/

It will let you compare two TXML's, the original one you translated and the one you received with corrections from the reviewer, and will point out the differences.

Thanks, Dominique, for showing me this tool. It works just fine for me. Helena

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:06
Finnish to French
You're welcome! Oct 2, 2012

Helena Gogelova wrote:
Thanks, Dominique, for showing me this tool. It works just fine for me. Helena

Glad I could be of help! When I looked at ChangeTracker at the time when it was first introduced, it seemed to be a very useful utility (especially since it supports other bilingual formats like SDLXLIFF, TTX etc.). In fact, this reminds me I should make a short video about it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find segments that have been corrected in WfPro in .ttx file?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search