Wordfast Pro 3.1: Source locale SV_FI not available
Thread poster: lindarybicka
lindarybicka
Local time: 20:46
English to Czech
+ ...
Oct 4, 2012

I'm trying to set up a project with SV_FI as the source locale in Wordfast Pro 3.1 but the only available option is "Swedish" or "Swedish (Sweden)".

Have you any ideas how I could set up a project with this source locale?

Thank you for any hints!
Linda

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:46
Finnish to French
Nobody uses SV-FI Oct 4, 2012

Linda: I know scores of translators who translate into Finlandssvenska. They have always told me the language code they use is SV-SE, even when it's stuff specifically localized for the Finnish market, with finlandisms and all. Just go ahead and use the same.

Anyway, it's just a code, it has no impact whatsoever on your translation.

lindarybicka
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SV_FI specified in the provided files Oct 4, 2012

Dominique:

I definitely agree, it just causes mess.

BUT

Both the source file (Trados file ttx) AND the TM provided DO use this combination.

So - what next? Is there some way to change the specification of the TM or the source file?
I take it as WF PRO really does not enable this source locale...?

Linda

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:46
Finnish to French
Find/replace Oct 4, 2012

lindarybicka wrote:
Both the source file (Trados file ttx) AND the TM provided DO use this combination.

So - what next? Is there some way to change the specification of the TM or the source file?
I take it as WF PRO really does not enable this source locale...?

Ok, then use Find/replace in a text editor in order to change SV_FI to SV_SE in both the TTX and the TM (which I assume is in the TMX format). Both TTX and TMX are text files, so it's possible to do it in any text editor.

When you save your translated TTX upon completion of the job, you can change SV_SE back to SV_FI, if you think it is important for your client. Same with the TM, if you agreed to deliver a TM in addition to the TTX.

lindarybicka
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Find/replace works great! Oct 4, 2012

Great, thank you!

I've tried this once before but it said the TM had invalid header so I thought it wasn't possible. But now I realized I had forgot to change the extesion from txt back to tmx then.

Big thanks!
Linda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3.1: Source locale SV_FI not available

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search