How to hide usage of machine translation in Wordfast PRO 3.1
Thread poster: europeanPRO

europeanPRO
Latvia
Local time: 16:11
Russian to German
+ ...
Oct 4, 2012

Hi, I am translating a text with a lot of numbers and formating and at these context I find very useful to use machine translation like Google. Thanks to Wordfast it is not a problem at all, but I will send that txml file to my client and i would not like that he/she sees near the translated segment letter MT (machine translation). What can I do about it? Even after I retype the translation, those letters MT are still near the segment...

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Tangled webs Oct 4, 2012

I don't understand why you feel guilty, or the need to hide this from your client. You are doing the job, and as a wordsmith, it's up to you which tools you use. As long as the client gets the job done well and in time, I really don't see the point.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive! Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17. Scottish author & novelist (1771 - 1832) ...

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
Remove MT score ... Oct 4, 2012

... like this:

europeanPRO
Latvia
Russian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 4, 2012

Dominique thanks a lot it's more than I need !!!

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:11
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Table vs text view Nov 3, 2012

I just discovered that the setting Dominique suggests (and I have always been using) works for Table view of the editor, but when you switch to Text view they are just there in all their glory:

Modifying Results and Advanced Search Features
<t score="MT">
Resultaten wijzigen en geavanceerde zoekfuncties

In Table view this scores as 0.

[Edited at 2012-11-03 21:46 GMT]

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Translate All Nov 4, 2012

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

I just discovered that the setting Dominique suggests (and I have always been using) works for Table view of the editor, but when you switch to Text view they are just there in all their glory:

Modifying Results and Advanced Search Features

Resultaten wijzigen en geavanceerde zoekfuncties

In Table view this scores as 0.

Dear Lianne,

I am not sure about that, but I can just suggest that you commit those segment to the TM, Save your file and restart your WFP. If nothing of that helps, disable the MT and use "Translate All" with a pre-set Fuzzy Match Threshold 100% to pre-translate your TXML file, this will overwrite your MTed segments anyhow.

HTH,
Yasmin

[Edited at 2012-11-04 00:58 GMT]

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:11
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks Yasmin Nov 4, 2012

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

If nothing of that helps, disable the MT and use "Translate All" with a pre-set Fuzzy Match Threshold 100% to pre-translate your TXML file, this will overwrite your MTed segments anyhow.

HTH,
Yasmin

[Edited at 2012-11-04 00:58 GMT]

Thanks Yasmin. That should work, but if I understand it correctly, this procedure will change all my scores to 100%, which does not help my reviewer know which translations were mine, and which were provided by the client that don't have to be proofed.

It is true though, I just checked, that opening translated files anew in restarted WFP will not show any MT scores in text view. So maybe when my client or proofer opens the translated files in their software, it doesn't show either.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to hide usage of machine translation in Wordfast PRO 3.1

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search