Alain Alameddine  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 10:10
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Oct 17, 2012

Hello,

I own a licensed copy of Wordfast Pro 2.4.1. Can I upgrade to 3.0 for free, or will I need to re-license? In any case, what should I do?

Thank you very much!

Alain Alameddine

[Edited at 2012-10-17 20:09 GMT]

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:10
English to French
+ ...
Confused? Oct 17, 2012

The current version of WfPro is 3.1.

The license agreement is here: http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=agreement

Lebanon
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very interesting Oct 17, 2012

That's very interesting. So I can get free updates as long as the license is running. Thank you very much for the info.

I have a different question now: I bought my license in February 2011. But my WFP license manager says "Not after Tue Nov 12 08:00:00 EET 2013". Do you have any idea why it doesn't extend until February 2014?

Alain Alameddine

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
All upgrades are free Oct 17, 2012

Dear Alain,

Please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

When you install the new version, it will ask you to uninstall the old one; there is no other option. But when it asks you to keep configuration files, select "Yes".

I have a different question now: I bought my license in February 2011. But my WFP license manager says "Not after Tue Nov 12 08:00:00 EET 2013". Do you have any idea why it doesn't extend until February 2014?

As you asked publicly, I hope you do not mind I reply publicly: you have purchased your license on 2010-11-12

HTH,
Yasmin (WF)

Lebanon
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great, thank you Oct 17, 2012

Hello Yasmin,

Thank you for your reply. It seems I have installed WFP on this laptop in February 2011. So this issue is cleared. Thank you very much!

Alain Alameddine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading to WFP 3.0?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search