Local time: 22:18
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 18, 2012

WF Pro 3.1.0
MS Office 2010
Local TM

Each time on my current job (source file: qsc.ttx) when committing completed segments to TM, about halfway through the process I get an error message:
'TM connection error - Failed to update segment - Failed to update tu. null'.
I click OK and the process continues and completes.

I have not encountered this in WFP before. With this sparse information I cannot locate the faulty TU, if any.

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 23:18
English to Arabic
corrupted segment Oct 18, 2012

Dear Clive,

This might mean there is a segment in the TM that is corrupted, like being split in two lines which make it looks like an orphan line without a complete segment while it is pertaining to the previous translation unit.

You should open the TM file in NotePad, try to find such translation unit, and correct it.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Clive Phillips
Clive Phillips  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:18
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
corrupted segment Oct 19, 2012

Thank you for your prompt help, Yasmin.

I found that the error message always appeared at a specific segment. But when I viewed it in Notepad and Wordpad, the segment and the ones immediately before and after it all looked normal, giving no indication as to why they might be corrupt.

Any way, the issue has disappeared now. Why, I'm not sure!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP - Failed TM update

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »