proofreading in wordfast pro
Thread poster: zv1900

zv1900
Slovakia
Local time: 18:02
Slovak to English
+ ...
Oct 22, 2012

I am using wordfast pro 3.1 and need to do a correction of already translated file. I have source file and translation file and would need to open them both in wordfast in order to compare and make corrections.
How do I do that? If I only open the files, it handles both as source language.

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:02
Member (2006)
French to English
Use an alignment tool Oct 22, 2012

Hello zv1900 (if that is your real nameicon_wink.gif,

You can use the Wordfast Aligner tool available at http://autoaligner.freetm.com/

One of your languages (source or target) has to be English though.

Check out the help section on the site for info on how it works.

Best,

John Di Rico
Wordfast Trainer
www.wordfast.fr

Roman Mironov
Local time: 19:02
English to Russian
+ ...
Why do you want to use Wordfast Pro 3.1 in the first place? Oct 22, 2012

zv1900 wrote:

I am using wordfast pro 3.1 and need to do a correction of already translated file. I have source file and translation file and would need to open them both in wordfast in order to compare and make corrections.
How do I do that? If I only open the files, it handles both as source language.

Basically, Wordfast Pro 3.1, just as any other translation program, isn't designed for such things. You might waste quite some time trying to do it with Wordfast Pro. Normally, you use Wordfast Pro in two scenarios: translation of a source file that you or someone else converted into TXML or revision of an already translated TXML file. The task you're talking about doesn't fall into any of these categories.

Why do you want to use Wordfast Pro 3.1 in the first place?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

proofreading in wordfast pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search