https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/236293-wf_classic_where_to_find_the_install_number.html

WF Classic: where to find the install number?
Thread poster: Mathilde Bau (X)
Mathilde Bau (X)
Mathilde Bau (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:28
Italian to French
+ ...
Oct 30, 2012

Dear WF users,

I have been using the WF demo version for 5 months now, and I want to buy the licence. The problem is: the install number does not appear on the WF icon window. I have the following information : WF, version 6.03, registered trademark, all rights reserved....and only "Demo version" written, but no numbers....

Does anybody know where to find this install number somewhere else ? Is this a common problem ?

Many thanks in advance

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:28
Finnish to French
No more install numbers in Classic 6 Oct 30, 2012

Mathilde Baud wrote:
Does anybody know where to find this install number somewhere else ? Is this a common problem ?

It's not a problem: it's a feature: since version 6, Wordfast Classic no longer uses install & license numbers. You need to log in to your account at wordfast.net and download your pre-registered copy of Wordfast 6.03t. It will then be automatically licensed the first time you use it.

Mathilde Bau (X)
Mathilde Bau (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:28
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
where is the WF log in ? Oct 30, 2012

So many thanks for this detailed answer. But I have another question then: how do I know my log in and password ? I don't recall having received any access codes when I installed the demo version. Thank you again !

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
login at wordfast.net Oct 31, 2012

Mathilde Baud wrote:
How do I know my log in and password ? I don't recall having received any access codes when I installed the demo version.

Your login is normally the e-mail address you have used when placing your order for a Wordfast license. Your password was supplied in the confirmation that followed your order. If you no longer remember your password, but know what e-mail address was used, you can recover your password with the 'Lost password' button displayed below the log in fields.

If you no longer remember what e-mail address you used, you can contact Wordfast via the form at wordfast.net > about us > contact. Supply as much information about yourself (eg. name, company, street address, town etc.) as possible.

If you haven't purchased a license in the first place, then you don't have an account at wordfast.net and you are not entitled to use Wordfast in full version mode. You can continue using it in demo version mode.

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
How to buy a license Oct 31, 2012

Mathilde Baud wrote:
I have been using the WF demo version for 5 months now, and I want to buy the licence. The problem is:

OK, actually, your "problem" is that you don't own a license. The solution is easy: go to wordfast.net > buy and purchase one

Upon completion of your order, you will get an account at wordfast.net, from which you can download your pre-registered copy of Wordfast. Once you install it, Wordfast will run in full version mode.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Classic: where to find the install number?

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »