https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/236681-wordfast_%E2%80%93_delete_the_translation_text.html

Wordfast – delete the translation text?
Thread poster: Lilian Peter (X)
Lilian Peter (X)
Lilian Peter (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:53
English to German
Nov 5, 2012

Dear translators,

while using Wordfast for a translation, I have accidentally saved the version with the translation in the same document as the source text, and I don't have another version of the source text while I do have another cleaned-up version of the translation. Is there any possibility to do a "clean-up" the other way round, so as not to clean the document from the source, but from the translation?

Many thanks and best regards
Lilian Peter

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Easy in Wordfast Classic Nov 5, 2012

Hi Lilian,

If you use Wordfast Classic (within Word) the solution is to make a copy of the file with the right source text. Open the new document in Word and press Alt+Delete before doing anything else.

Cheers,
Gerard

Lilian Peter (X)
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
not sure what that means exactly Nov 5, 2012

Hi Gerard,

thank you, but I'm not sure what you mean by "making a copy of the file with the right source text" -- do you mean I should invert source and target language? How do I do that? By the way, I use Wordfast Classic for Mac, in case that makes any difference.

Thanks and best
Lilian

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Just make a copy Nov 5, 2012

Just make a copy of one of the two segmented files you have. When you press Alt+Delete outside of a session Wordfast will present an option to unsegment the whole document.

Cheers,
Gerard

Lilian Peter (X)
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
doesn't work Nov 5, 2012

Mh, maybe I have another Wordfast version than you do, but I still don't know how to copy just one segmented file -- they are both in the same document, one German sentence following one sentence in English, plus I don't think alt + delete is a command that works on a Mac ... maybe I'm just too clueless! Thank you anyway!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast – delete the translation text?

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »