Apply updated TM changes to translated segments
Thread poster: Biscaygo
Biscaygo
Biscaygo  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 12:29
Member (2011)
Nov 21, 2012

How do I apply the updated TM to already translated segments?

In documents A and B, "this word" was translated as "whatever".
In document A, I have changed the translation of "this word" to "whatever X", and it seems "whatever X" has been committed to the TM.

In document B, "this word" still appears as "whatever".

How do I update the files so that document B shows "whatever X" as the updated translation?

Notes:
TM Lookup for "this w
... See more
How do I apply the updated TM to already translated segments?

In documents A and B, "this word" was translated as "whatever".
In document A, I have changed the translation of "this word" to "whatever X", and it seems "whatever X" has been committed to the TM.

In document B, "this word" still appears as "whatever".

How do I update the files so that document B shows "whatever X" as the updated translation?

Notes:
TM Lookup for "this word" produces "whatever X".
Translate or Translate until no match jumps over "whatever" (it has a score of 100) although the TM already contains an updated version.

In Preferences, selected options are:
"Add to TM by overwriting ..."
"Write unedited fuzzy ..."
"Perform TM ... automatically".

In short, how can documents be updated when the translation in the TM has changed?

The project I am dealing with contains 30 files and a large part are cross-repetitions but I don´t know how I can update the 29 remaining files when I do changes in 1 of the files.
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 05:29
English to Arabic
PM Perspective Analyze Nov 21, 2012

Biscaygo wrote:

TM Lookup for "this word" produces "whatever X".
Translate or Translate until no match jumps over "whatever" (it has a score of 100) although the TM already contains an updated version.

You can use PM Perspective > Analyze. Make sure you select the percentage required for "Pretranslation". This will overwrite your TXML files. (work on copies just in case.)

If this is about only one word, you can run Find/Replace (Ctrl+H) and apply select to apply the change to all "open files".

HTH,
Yasmin

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:29
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Similar problem Nov 21, 2012

Oddly, I am having a similar problem, one not previously encountered in my experiences with WFP (3.1). Ran pretranslate from an existing TM, which populated the target with either good matches or the source. However, once working within the file, when translating the 2nd or 3rd instance of an identical segment, or a very nearly identical segment, no match is retrieved from the TM into the target segment, WFP just leaves the copied source text from the pre-trans, and I have find the previous tra... See more
Oddly, I am having a similar problem, one not previously encountered in my experiences with WFP (3.1). Ran pretranslate from an existing TM, which populated the target with either good matches or the source. However, once working within the file, when translating the 2nd or 3rd instance of an identical segment, or a very nearly identical segment, no match is retrieved from the TM into the target segment, WFP just leaves the copied source text from the pre-trans, and I have find the previous translation and copy/paste or retype.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Apply updated TM changes to translated segments

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »