WF Classic - Correcting TM entry
Thread poster: Mark Hamlen

Mark Hamlen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:53
French to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2012

I'm not very clear on how to correct a TM entry in WFC. I'm working on a series of almost identical contracts. I translated the first, and then proofed and corrected it. When translating, I used ALT-DOWN as I went through the segments, then on the second pass I used the same keystroke.

Now as I work on the other contracts, I sometimes have two 100% matches, but I have to be careful because one of them was corrected in my proof reading.

Is there any way to eliminate the incorrect TM entry as I do the proof reading?

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Manually Nov 23, 2012

Since the TMs are txt files, I suppose you can just go in and modify the entries manually, although I never bother doing it myself.

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:53
English to French
+ ...
See TM Rules Nov 23, 2012

What you SHOULD do is set "When editing (changing) a 100% match=" to "0 (Overwrite TU)" in Wf "TM Rules" tab, which prevents having to TUs for the same segment, but this is not the solution for your current problem.

You don't say whether you cleaned up the first contract. If you did, and IF you clicked on the "update TM" button, the TM should contain only the updated TUs, although I'm not completely sure about that, what with the "TM Rules" setting (above) issue. If you haven't cleaned up the first contract, try that, you haven't nothing to lose at this point.

If that doesn't work, I would convert the first contract TM into a table, sort it according to the time stamp, and go through it manually and delete the older of each duplicated segment. That hopefully wouldn't take too long.

Mark Hamlen  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Understood Nov 23, 2012

I understand now. I've got those settings in the TM rules, but I didn't clean the first contract.

Just did so, with "update memory" and everything is clear now.

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Classic - Correcting TM entry

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search